Notary Rotary
Can someone explain the rationale of 2 copies to 1 household
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by ikando on 12/20/12 2:24pm
Msg #447253

Supposedly the title company wants each signer to receive their own copies of the full package. If it's a married couple, living in the same household, whatever could be the reason for this? Seems to me it only creates more paper for them to keep track of (if the second copy isn't immediately trashed).

Thought some of the people with experience at title might have some insight.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/20/12 2:56pm
Msg #447260

No rationale at all. I hope you charge them for the extra

copy they wanted.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/20/12 3:23pm
Msg #447263

Re: No rationale at all. I hope you charge them for the extra

I agree... charge extra for the extra copy...

Reply by SharonMN on 12/20/12 3:29pm
Msg #447266

I can see this as an exception thing (for example, Mr. and Mrs. are estranged/separated) but not as a standard request. Each borrower should receive their own copies of the RTC, though.

However, I'd be happy to accomodate such a request, provided I was compensated accordingly and got the docs a reasonable amount ahead of time.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/20/12 3:39pm
Msg #447269

They should also each receive a copy of the TIL. Agree with the rest.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/20/12 3:48pm
Msg #447273

The title company has reduced its fees to the minimum that it figures the market will bear. It has imposed as many uncompensated extra burdens -- stacking order, faxbacks, statement of information -- on signing agents as it figures the average NSA will tolerate. It has gone as far as it can in maximizing signing service fees and thus minimizing ours. At this point, it is simply being innovative in finding other ways to make our lives miserable.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/20/12 5:57pm
Msg #447290

I can offer no rationale for two or more copies per household other than it's just one more straw on the camel's back (we being the camel).

However (even tho u didn't ask), if your hiring agency is paying you to print extra copies, go for it. Since that is highly unlikely, seems to me that once one person in a household has a paper copy, that person or any other interested party can go make as many copies as they wish. Also, you could put the second copy on a CD, and they can print all the copies they want to their heart's content. They can even wrap them and put them under the Christmas tree for an extra special treat!

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/20/12 7:58pm
Msg #447303

LOL!!! n/m

Reply by ikando on 12/20/12 9:30pm
Msg #447322

Goldgirl, I love the idea of the package under the Christmas tree.

When I was first "offered" the job, I asked if there were faxbacks, and what size the package might be. Never crossed my mind to ask about printing 2 copies of the package for the married borrowers. So after I turned down the $xx for a 100 mile RT, and they came back with $xxx that I asked for, when I get the 148 page .pdf with many, many instructions (including how to complete notarial information), and requests to fax back the critical docs, it is VERY unlikely I'll get anything extra for the extra package. I'll see if I can find a CD to save a copy on, though. That's a good idea, even though it will take extra time to do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.