Notary Rotary
Debt Elimination Retainer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by signingdiva/ on 12/20/12 1:28pm
Msg #447240

Anyone ever done one of these? SS says 16 pgs, 4 not stamps, fax back, then mail regular mail. Wouldn't even know what to charge. SS is a 3 1/2 star on SC

Reply by 101livescan on 12/20/12 1:38pm
Msg #447243

There is no way to eliminate your debt except to not take it on in the first place. These companies are scam artists. Debtors can make their own arrangements with their creditors, they don't have to pay these co's thousands of dollars.

Fools parting with their hard earned dollars.

Reply by signingdiva/ on 12/20/12 1:42pm
Msg #447245

Thanks so much for the info. I thought kind of strange after being in the re and title business for a long time. It was XP out of FL. Not worth taking a chance at any fee.

Reply by ikando on 12/20/12 2:01pm
Msg #447249

I got a similar email. They also want you to mail the documents to them at your expense (they say $1.90) before they make payment. They do ask for your fee schedule for "printing, faxing and mailing," but nothing for travel and time. I have a feeling they only want to pay a minimum and not what I would need to handle their job.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/20/12 2:57pm
Msg #447261

I won't touch those. There's no way to know which are

legit & which are scams. I treat those transactions like loan modification applications & won't do them.

Reply by signingdiva/ on 12/20/12 3:57pm
Msg #447277

Re: I won't touch those. There's no way to know which are

Thanks so much for all your valuable advice. Good to know we can all look out for one another.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/20/12 7:59pm
Msg #447304

That's what this site is all about. We try to help one

another. ;-)

Reply by Mung/CA on 12/21/12 2:30am
Msg #447340

In all fairness to XP Mobile Notary.........................

I too was a little leary of acccepting their "signings" at first but decided to give them a chance anway. I'm glad I did. I've done 4 in the last two months and each time paid within 2-3 weeks. Generous fee ($XXX NOT $XX) comparable to a TC. I will take all they want to give me. These are the facts folks (at least for me). Just the facts.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/21/12 6:48am
Msg #447343

We didn't bash the ss, only talked about whether this

type of transaction is a potential scam. I won't take questionable work, regardless of how attractive the fee is.

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 12/21/12 7:52am
Msg #447345

Re: We didn't bash the ss, only talked about whether this

These are illegal in some States and in others the AG's frown on these transactions. I would not want to be a party to Debt Elimation plans, There are several non-profits who will provide this service for free and they get a fee from the creditors.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 12/21/12 9:05am
Msg #447349

Debt Elimination co's

Here's a FYI from a call I rec'd last week from Derek at Sunshine Signing Connections. He was a fast-talker who assured me this Debt Consolodation was being done by ATTORNEYS (!) and therefore, I should have no reservations about my role; that I would NOT be acting or representing the Debt company, etc, etc. Package arrives with one part being my contract stating I am representing the company, explaining why this plan is a good idea for the debtor, blah , blah. So, this guy wasted at least 15 min of my time w the fast-talk, and 2 min. skimming over the paperwork. It's not that I have not been in a debt-heavy situation in my life, but cripes, as others have stated, debtors can make payment arrangements on their own if they just keep track of who they owe & how much they get in income so they can keep their promises to pay on track. We have no debtors prison in the USA.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/21/12 10:12am
Msg #447352

IMO, like the loan modification applications, just because

attorneys are calling the fees a "retainer" doesn't make it any less illegal. ;-(

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.