Notary Rotary
Disrespectful Spouses
Notary Discussion History

Disrespectful Spouses
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 12/20/12 8:23pm
Msg #447311

Disrespectful Spouses

It happened again today . . . One of the spouses talking disrespectfully and inconsiderate to the other at a re-fi. I hear this a lot and it makes my skin crawl when it happens.

Mrs. BO was late for her meeting because our appointment ran over a bit (trust signature issues). I was on hold with the lender regarding another issue that Mr. BO could have well taken care of in her absence - but instead he berated her for wanting to leave. She ended up staying to appease him; AND, maybe she took care of that incident when arrived back home.

I have been at other signings where the Mrs. BO barked loudly at the hubby for what she perceived was a stupid signing question.

It makes the air a bit tense for the notary - don't they know that? My hubby would never talk to me like that, and if he ever did, his life expectancy would surely be shortened. :O)

I shiver to think what goes on in some marriages behind closed doors.

Do you as notaries experience this as well?

Reply by ToniK on 12/20/12 8:40pm
Msg #447314

Yes but ignore it and keep it moving. Im not concerned with how he treats his wife, vice versa or how she treats him. Now if there were a physical altercation...different perspective.

But yesterday I did have a wife, she was south korean and spoke very little english and she was trying to tell me something but her husband kept talking over her till she yelled SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH. After that it went smoothly, I chuckled though cuz I wanted him to shut up too.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/20/12 8:44pm
Msg #447316

LOL!! Yep, there are times when yelling "SHUT UP" at either BO would be a dream!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 12/20/12 8:51pm
Msg #447318

ROFL!! Reminded me of 6th grade when a new student - a Vietnamese refugee boy- joined our class. Couldn't speak a word of English and teacher would ask me and my friend to quiz him with flash cards. They held him back a year; but funny thing, by end of our school year he was blurting out expletives left & right!

I love the friendly banter between spouses during the signing. Had one this week and you could tell they had real respect for one another, despite the teasing. They'd just learned not to take themselves too seriously.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/20/12 10:56pm
Msg #447329

Occasionally, I'll run across spouses who just genuinely like each other. That rachets the whole signing process -- and my day afterwards -- to a whole new level.

Reply by CJ on 12/21/12 8:52am
Msg #447348

I don't like it when the borrowers are so busy telling each other how to sign, that they are not signing the papers in front of them. They are pointing at each other's papers: "Sign there!" "You missed a date" "You don't have to sign this one". I counter by saying, "You're doing great! You're doing great!" (Then they slow down again and say, "See? She said I'm going great!")

Reply by Eva75Eva on 12/21/12 11:30am
Msg #447361

Yeah I agree with Toni. Just ignore. Sometimes I think they do it for our "benefit"-like to see if they can get a reaction out of you. I'm so bored! Another one is the bickering over the marital status affidavit. "Are we still married?" "I don't know...last time I checked we still were" Oh brother!

Reply by PJM/MI on 12/21/12 8:37pm
Msg #447441

Had one couple get into a out & out battle, true fist fight over the HUD & all of the credit card bills. Yea, had to call 911 on them. No.. did not get the closing completed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.