Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Do you think potential clients rely on the NR score?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda_in_MI on 12/23/12 3:23pm
Msg #447650

I was checking out the profiles of possible competition, and one individual had included the fact they had a "perfect score of 800" on Notary Rotary. The information I found regarding the NRCI states that "The score is based on each notary's profile and account activity and is NOT an indicator of performance, professionalism or customer satisfaction. In other words, the NRCI is not a rating of the notary, but of the notary's account on Notary Rotary. The factors that weigh most heavily on the NRCI are the completeness of each profile, along with how current the profiles are."

At first, I didn't even know I had a score. But I'm glad I found out where it is and what criteria go into calculating the score. The thing is, most of the notaries within a 30 mile radius of my zip code appear to have the same score as I do. Here's my question: since this score is not meant to reflect professionalism or performance, do you think SS take this rating into account when choosing notaries?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/23/12 4:39pm
Msg #447655

Where is this score? How did you figure it out?

I never heard of it.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/23/12 4:43pm
Msg #447657

Re: Where is this score? How did you figure it out?

Honestly, Linda, what I believe schedules rely upon is your profile's content.

Level of experience as an NSA
Proven track record of reliability, competence and solid experience relative to loan signing
Certifications and Approved Status with Leading Title Companies
Equipment, hours of availability
What makes you stand out above the rest!

I would check out other's profiles. The proof is in the details.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/23/12 4:44pm
Msg #447658

Search for yourself , look at the blue line to the right

of your name. (Search for yourself in Find a Notary tab, I mean.)

Also, read the info by the little question mark at the top of the list where it says, "Candidate Score".

After that, read about the NRCI score Msg #262154

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 12/23/12 4:53pm
Msg #447659

Go to Find a Notary for your score

If you go to Find a Notary, do a search on your zip code. A list of premier and basic members should come up. Easy so far, right? The listing of the notaries includes a "Candidate Index". This is your score. Click on the question mark and a definition and explanation of the Candidate Index comes up.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/23/12 5:28pm
Msg #447663

No~~Re: Do you think potential clients rely on the NR score?

Proximity Availability Price...not necessarily in that order.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/24/12 1:48pm
Msg #447710

It's not a rating per se, but a system that NR uses. There

are lots of factors they consider, I understand. I haven't paid a lot of attention to it, even though I've carried an 800 for quite a while. One of the factors they consider, as I understand is, is a willingness to help other notaries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.