Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Example of how last signing yesterday went.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 12/22/12 12:54pm
Msg #447526

Marriage and Homestead form.
"State your current martital status..."
Client answered, "California."
This is only one example of ordeal.

Oh what fun it is to sign in a one-horse open sleigh.
Merry Christmas all.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 12/22/12 1:28pm
Msg #447532

We now have a form in Illinois asking if the borrower(s) is

in a Civil Union. Needed because a non-borrowing civil union partner would have the same rights as a non-borrowing spouse.
Mrs. saw the form, laughed and siad "He hasn't been civil to me in years."

Reply by Jessica Ward on 12/22/12 1:40pm
Msg #447534

Ha ha! Similar issue: the term "executed."

People often don't realize that means "date here."
One very, very sweet old lady earlier this year was completing a title affidavit, and the last item on the list was her late husband's death info (date of death etc.) The next line said "Executed." (date) and her signature. She positively blanched, looked weepy and confused and said "but it was natural causes!"
I didn't even know where to begin there.

Reply by ToniK on 12/22/12 2:24pm
Msg #447538

Seal meaning

I had one lady who she said she was a former notary and that seal on the signature line meant your signature was good for 10 yrs.

Reply by CJ on 12/23/12 12:44am
Msg #447602

Errors and Omission.

I had a borrower guy who would read out-loud the title of each document before he signed it. "Deed of trust, signature affidavit, Flood zone" etc.. The phone rang, he answered it, said, "yeah, uh-huh, okay", and hung up. He went back to signing. The wife said, "Who was that?" He said "Errors and Omissions". She said, "Who is Aaron Omissions?"

Reply by HisHughness on 12/23/12 1:01am
Msg #447603

Re: Seal meaning

Well, actually, Toni, she was right in a sense. In jurisdictions that still recognize the validity of the seal, a document under seal will extend the the statute of limitations for bringing actions on the document.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.