Notary Rotary
Generous Borrowers . . .
Notary Discussion History

Generous Borrowers . . .
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 12:01am
Msg #447597

Generous Borrowers . . .

I arrived for a VA re-fi signing this evening at a couples home nearby. Mr. BO, who is a full-blooded Sicilian from New York, was heating up red sauce from his Grammas secret recipe in one pot and spaghetti in another. He asked if I was hungry and I said I had eaten shortly before coming. In spite of that, they served me up a bowl with a piece of pork sausage and Romano cheese on top, crunchy Artisan bread, and pink champagne (I had half a glass).

Since I had not eaten all the spaghetti, they packaged it up for me to take home with a little extra for my hubby. After eating (which I gathered must be an Italian custom to share a meal with another before sitting down to do business - just a guess), we signed the package.

Finally, they took me on a tour of their nice home, and then out to the garage where he loaded up two large boxes with different kinds of cookies, crackers, marshmallow treats, etc. (his employer will not put a box of something on the store shelf if the box is damaged at all - so he gets to take it home - a nice perk. They loaded all this in my vehicle and sent me on my way.

Not only were they kindest and most generous Borrowers I have ever had, but the most interesting to talk with. What an experience! I felt blessed.

Reply by Barb25 on 12/23/12 7:37am
Msg #447610

Wow.That was a nice experience. And you were probably the nicest loan closing person he ever met, Karla. Smile

Please take note. He was from NY... Just like me.... LOL.

Merry Christmas, Karla.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 3:43pm
Msg #447651

Thanks Barb, and back at you! Have a very peaceful Christmas!

Reply by 101livescan on 12/23/12 8:42am
Msg #447614

People can be wonderful. I had a pumpkin muffin and big glass of milk last night Borrowers three children in attendance, bedlam. Kids all excited for Santa Claus. Wound up like tops. They had to show me all their toys. Loan was an FHA, you know three inches thick. Another baby on the way. I told them I thought they were unbelievably skilled at keeping control of their situation and they looked at me, like, can we come with you? Funny.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/23/12 8:53am
Msg #447617

Karla, back in NY they call it gravy!

I am also a New Yorker.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 3:53pm
Msg #447652

Re: Karla, back in NY they call it gravy!

Interesting Shoshana! He has been here in Oregon some 20 years - maybe he forgot that part!!! Or, just forgot to mention it.

I loved his "say what you mean" personality which New Yorkers are known for! Also, he took time during the signing to take a call from his NY parents - 70+ year old dad had just had heart surgery. How could I be upset with that?!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/23/12 9:24am
Msg #447620

"full-blooded Sicilian from New York"

LOL - definition: you're not getting out of the house without a full belly and a fully take-home pack!!"..

My mother-in-law was full Sicilian...

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/23/12 9:55am
Msg #447624

Re: "full-blooded Sicilian from New York"

I had one the other day. The three year told me that he had baked blueberry muffins and, if I wanted one? I said ok will take it with me and have it with lunch. His mother went into the kitchen and brought me back one. The boy said..give it to her in a baggie. She brought me one.
Then the father said to the wife he smells. She took him into the other room to change his diaper. It was so cute.I called him the baker in a diaper.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 3:54pm
Msg #447653

LOL! Exactly what it was Linda!! n/m

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/23/12 12:34pm
Msg #447639

Not quite food, but.... on my refi yesterday we were talking about how stray animals damage your yard. I mentioned that it is hard "renting" the cat trap from our local shelter, before I could blink Mr. Signer jumped up ran to his garage and came back with the cage and 2 cans of cat food! He wouldn't let me refuse!

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 3:55pm
Msg #447654

I love it!! n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/23/12 5:56pm
Msg #447670

<<<Not only were they kindest and most generous Borrowers I have ever had, but the most interesting to talk with. What an experience! I felt blessed.>>>

Did you ask if they were adopting ? <giggle!!>

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/23/12 11:27pm
Msg #447676

Darn why didn't I think of that??!!! n/m

Reply by Bear900/CA on 12/24/12 2:40am
Msg #447680

I can’t help but think of this scene from The Godfather:

Don Vito Corleone: “Someday, and that day may never come... I may call upon you to do a service for me. But.. until that day, accept this, as a gift.”

The last offer, which I gladly accepted and we all had together before the signing was fresh coffee and pumpkin pie with whip cream. It was a 9 pm signing so was perfect!

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/24/12 2:35pm
Msg #447715

Ha Ha!!! Never thought of that scenario! Maybe I should!!! These same people are looking to open a local Italian restaurant and name it The Mafia House"!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.