Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Got a call from Advance Notary. Ever heard of them?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 12/9/12 10:52am
Msg #445954

Was on the road and accepted the job with promise of work order to be emialed right away. No email. Texted them and they said they sent it and will send again. No email not even in spam folder. Texted them again. No reply. Text from them this morning that they forgot to send work order and will send tomorrow for a tomorrow night signing. They had already said they had sent it . Then, she proceeds to tell me it is two loans not one. I know how to handle this. Just wondered if anyone had an experience with them? Wondering if this is unusual for them or typical. Have they gone by some other name?

Reply by sueharke on 12/9/12 11:54am
Msg #445955

Just did a first signing for them. Most communication was by test message, not email. Confirmation was received the next morning as the contact was driving on the road. Now to see how well the company pays.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 12/9/12 2:54pm
Msg #445959

Sounds like the Exact conversation I had, except

after agreeing on a fee, in text message she lets me know it is two loans not one. Hummm

Will call her in morning and renegotiate terms.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/9/12 3:53pm
Msg #445961

Have not had experience with that company but in doing GNW, I get that "trick" quite a bit. Caller asks how much I charge and I ask questions, then I say, "Since YOU SAY there is only ONE document and you say YOU are the ONLY signer, the total with travel is $X. When called for a signing, I quote my fee and CLARIFY what that fee includes (or excludes). Very rarely do I have to renegotiate - the client knows what they are getting for their money during the phone call.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 12/9/12 4:05pm
Msg #445962

It was presented to me as single refi. n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/9/12 4:36pm
Msg #445966

Yep, a trick...

It's misrepresented.....that's why I say to the caller, "Since you say the signing is "A" with "B" number of signers, the fee is "C". But now that you say the signing is "D", the fee is "E". Schedulers will get u to quote/accept a fee, then throw everthing they can into that fee, but if you are clear that THIS signing gets THIS fee, then you avoid the tricks and misrepresentations.

Reply by JimAZ on 12/9/12 6:05pm
Msg #445968

When I get a call for a signing the operative word is "a". That means one!!!! In three years I've only had one Signing Service (4 star by the way) try to do the two loan signing trick for the price of one. Do they think I'm too stupid to realize it's two loans? I politely turned it back for misrepresentation and deception and took them off my good guys list. I also gave them one star on SC for their dishonesty. That's all we can do and just move on.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/9/12 4:21pm
Msg #445964

Where are they located? Who did you talk to? Any info? n/m

Reply by sueharke on 12/9/12 7:25pm
Msg #445972

Re: Where are they located? Who did you talk to? Any info?

They are located in Anaheim Hills, CA.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 12/10/12 11:28am
Msg #446014

www.ans247.com n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/10/12 4:05pm
Msg #446049

Signed 12/30/11. Paid 1/19/12. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.