Notary Rotary
Have you ever gotten the loan signing after doing the
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 12/23/12 5:00pm
Msg #447661

application signing? I haven't to date. The SCs pitch it like a two for one deal so you should do the application for less (it is less work). But, I think it has to stand on it's own with no expectation of getting the loan. Your thoughts?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/23/12 5:12pm
Msg #447662

I have - but only when it was the TC hiring me

My fees for each were independent and the whole deal was considered two separate transactions - the fee for the application was payable net 30 - not on closing of the loan.

I never put any stock in the words "we'll give you the closing too"...

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/23/12 5:32pm
Msg #447664

Re: I have - but only when it was the TC hiring me

I have also. Not all the time, but sometimes. I am very very picky on who I will do apps for. I really don't care to do them. They don't pay as well and they take just as long, if not longer to do.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/23/12 5:32pm
Msg #447665

Re: I have - but only when it was the TC hiring me

All the time. However, imho, each one still stands on its own. Frankly, I think they each take about the same amount of time and, as there is NO guarantee that you will get the final...or that it will even make it to the final loan...no 2-fers, reduced fees, etc...nada, no, not happening.

Reply by ToniK on 12/23/12 5:42pm
Msg #447667

Several times I have gotten the loan as well. I get paid $100 per app. One time when it came back to me for closing I turned it down due to not wanting to deal with the BO. He got mad at me for not caring about politics and when I told him we would NOT stop the process to listen to the Presidents Speech.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/23/12 5:44pm
Msg #447668

I agree that the app signing is a separate transaction from the loan signing. Even if they did offer the loan signing, there's no guarantee that the day/time slot for the loan signing is available on your calender.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/24/12 1:46pm
Msg #447709

Yes, most of the time. It's been so busy lately, that I

haven't always had availability when the signing appt. came up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.