Notary Rotary
Hazard Pay
Notary Discussion History

Hazard Pay
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by ohnotary on 12/5/12 6:55am
Msg #445583

Hazard Pay

I am ready to start charging HAZARD PAY.
At this closing last night, Which I got BIT, PUNCHED, PINCHED, had Toys THROWN at me.
Then the Borrowers did not sign. Get home around 9pm after being there for over an hour. Get this phone call. " CAN YOU COME BACK? I AM READY TO SIGN" Went back. all I can say is THANK GOD the kids were in bed. lol

Reply by jba/fl on 12/5/12 7:26am
Msg #445584

Hope you got paid extra to return.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/5/12 11:49am
Msg #445608

There is just no way I would sit there, let alone go

back there, and allow any child to bite, punch or pinch me and throw things...the first incident would have had me requesting that the parents please do something about their child. I'm sorry, manners and being polite is one thing but I would not allow myself to be subjected to that. If they can't control the child I'll leave and reschedule.

That's just ridiculous!!

Reply by ToniK on 12/5/12 12:43pm
Msg #445613

I agree. n/m

Reply by ohnotary on 12/5/12 2:23pm
Msg #445624

Re: I agree.

You would think the Parents would put there children in order. I guess now a days it isn't like how I grew up. Parents are affraid to disapline their children

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/5/12 3:25pm
Msg #445633

Re: There is just no way I would sit there, let alone go

Well, (s)he didn't say it was the kids that did the biting and pinching, but.... Wink

I don't think I would just sit there, either. Actually, if the parents didn't say anything to the kids, I think I would have said something to them directly myself after it was clear the parents weren't going to (and I have done that on an occasion or two...) I survived two successful years as an elementary school substitute teacher in my youth and the kids didn't get away with much! Most of what I learned about discipline applies just as well outside the classroom as it did inside. (Too bad that program isn't a prerequisite to having kids! Wink) And I should probably add that it wouldn't involve scolding, which just makes someone sound like an angry person without accomplishing anything.

Another thing I don't think would work is to chastise the parents about their lack of control of their kids. My guess is that they would simply defend their children. They're not likely to take your side over their own kids' and you just end up looking like the wicked witch of the west. What you *could* do, though is make a generic statement about the situation not being conducive to getting the job done and let them draw their own conclusions - with the same result.

I agree that we shouldn't have to endure that type of scenario. I suspect they would get the message pretty quickly if you just calmly started packing up your materials and stated that this wasn't working and that perhaps other arrangements should be made to get these docs signed where there would be fewer distractions. (Or whatever.) But you just never know...

Reply by signingdiva/ on 12/5/12 3:20pm
Msg #445632

How about going to do a refi, and the BO is a HOARDER!!! House so full and filthy it was had to breathe. Not to mention 20 cats, and their excriments all over the place. Bugs crawling over the paperwork, and the BO is in the same condition. Barely got out before getting sick. Called the SS and informed them, told them I was in the shower for an hour and then burned my clothes. They then called me to go back to do another refi!!!! I told them the fee was $500, and it would have to be in daylight and done outside. They thought I was Kidding. NOT!!!! Wonder who they got to go without telling them the circumstances???

Reply by rolomia on 12/5/12 4:18pm
Msg #445643

99% of the clients that I meet with are very nice & clean, live in nice, neat, clean, well-organized houses, have well-behaved children & pets, etc. Even the 1% that had issues were so minor as to not even be worth mentioning. Yet, I live in Arkansas. Go figure....Hmmm.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/5/12 6:54pm
Msg #445659

Ditto n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/5/12 9:54pm
Msg #445664

<<< Called the SS and informed them, told them I was in the shower for an hour and then burned my clothes...... They then called me to go back to do another refi!!!! I told them the fee was $500,......>>>

ROTHFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/5/12 11:31pm
Msg #445669

That's one of the most horrific things I have heard lately - you have a much stronger stomach than I. Loved your reply to the re-schedule!!!

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/6/12 1:48am
Msg #445677

That is beyond disgusting!

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/6/12 1:50am
Msg #445678

People only do what you allow! You should have never subjected yourself to that!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/6/12 5:15pm
Msg #445748

Had a call Tuesday at 4:15 for a signing at 5:30. Ok. Same town and docs are ready. Unable to reach borrowers by 5:00. SS talks to TC who says cancel as borrowers not available after 5:30. Ok.

Get call Wednesday morning for same job. Advise I have availability 3:00-4:00. Call borrowers. Mrs. gets irate yelling that this is getting ridiculous. Notary is supposed to be there at 11:30 (it's 10:30) and gives me notary's name. Ask if they're available in afternoon. She's still yelling. Let her know I'll call my agency. SS says she'll call borrowers and clarify. Give her my availability and tell her to go ahead and confirm if they're willing and ask them to have ID copy and let me know. SS calls back and tells me Mrs. is a real "gem." Yelled and screamed at her too. Mr. is ok and he scheduled for 3:15 but hasn't seen figures yet. Go ahead and print and leave for my several app'ts. 2 hours later get call. Mr. B is just as bad as Mrs. and is now vehemently refusing to sign. Ok, job cancelled. Thank God!

Get call this morning from SS. Guess what? New docs are ready for same couple. Sorry I'll have to pass on this one. She said, "really can't blame you at all. Thought you might decline."

Getting a $50 print fee on this. Whew!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.