Notary Rotary
Hot Buttons
Notary Discussion History

Hot Buttons
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 12/15/12 9:41pm
Msg #446689

Hot Buttons

What pushes your buttons during monthend madness, and you're over the top with a grocery cart full of packages?

Fax backs? I'm not doing them for the rest of the year, too busy, no time to travel back to the office, fax or scan back and then make FEDEX deadline while I still have more signing appointments to get to on time.
Late borrowers? Borrowers who are so distracted with phone calls, kids and pets it takes 10 minutes to get control of the event?
Borrowers with no current IDs? Or left them at work, or lost them just days before the event.
Improperly scanned documents? You've already printed them out, but can't use them and spend your valuable time requesting they be resent in a printable format
Incorrect HUD? Waste of your time, toner and paper.
Dogs? Cats? Unleashed children?
No light over the kitchen/dining room table? No porch light or yard lighting so you don't break your danged fool neck getting into the house?
No house numbers so you can find that house in a rural area?
Smokers (you're not one and hate the stench!)?
Hostile borrowers madder than heck at their lender and take it out on you?

What is your patience threshold?

When I call the borrower, I always ask them to have a current ID and perhaps have a copy available for me to return with signed documents, but I don't read off my requirements for a "Happy Signing" event as above! Maybe we should have our own personal lists of requirements. Here we go, all poised, polished and "professionally attired" only to find out we're sitting on sticky lollipops, dog hair, dirty chairs, no light and the table needs to be wiped down before you can even spread the docs and tools out. Our backgrounds have been scrubbed but we often end up in pig sty, unsafe conditions and need a shower when we leave their homes, before we can feel clean enough to go to someone else's house.

I love perfect signing conditions, don't you?

Reply by sheltn on 12/15/12 10:27pm
Msg #446691

only 1 signing all week. no hot buttons to complain about!
wish I had more buttons...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.