Notary Rotary
How much for a typical re-fi do you get if you are a notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by LatteLady/NV on 12/16/12 3:43pm
Msg #446747

In Idaho? I am thinking about retiring in Idaho and I want to know how much of a difference in pay I would get.

Reply by Mike Goodey on 12/17/12 3:36am
Msg #446766

You get the normal amount of potatoes..hehe

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/17/12 4:42am
Msg #446767

What you are paid depends upon 3 things: 1. What your fee is--and your refusal to work for less--which is dependent upon--2. How much competition in your area. And last, but not least-- 3. The hiring co's payment history.

Reply by CJ on 12/17/12 11:09am
Msg #446781

Everything is SO subjective.

If you are retiring and want to know how much you will make as a notary, no one can tell you. Lot's of borrowers say to me, "This looks like a fun, little, part-time job. Is is LUCRATIVE?" When they they "lucrative", their eyes widen, their tongue hangs out of their mouth, and they drool.

Once you get your notary certification and everything, you have to get on the phone and call-call-call. You will be competing for work with every established notary out there. (That's why no one here is too quick with helping newbies: why should be help anyone split our paychecks?). Calling everyone for months straight is how we all did it too. Then you might get one or two jobs a month, if you are lucky. You might get a job with a company that pays well, or you might get a low-baller. I have many clients, and they all pay differently. If you miss a signature, you have to go back on your own time at their convienience, and most likely pay for the fed ex back, priority overnight. I am busy, that that means I am rarely home at night. Everyone at my house is on their own for dinner all the time.

If you think it's a "fun" job: read this forum regularly, you will see that it is stressful.
If you think it's a "little" job, we are prepared for much more than just saying "sign here", and we could go to jail if we make a significant mistake.
If you think it's "part-time", I am always either looking for work, printing docs, going to work, doing my accounting, or trying to get money out of people. It's not just the one hour at the borrower's house.

Right now it's "busy", but that could stop any second. We all could wake up in the morning and find out interest rates went up, and all the phones would stop ringing.

Lurk on this forum and you will find out what you need to know.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/17/12 12:26pm
Msg #446794

Excellent post!!! CJ ;) n/m

Reply by LatteLady/NV on 12/17/12 5:40pm
Msg #446846

Re: Excellent post!!! CJ ;)

I'm not a newbie, I'm old like Swiss cheese. I've been in the business for 9 + years and average 30-35 loans a month. I'm concerned that the drop in pay will be too hard.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/18/12 1:58am
Msg #446889

I agree on all points! Well said!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.