Notary Rotary
I am curious - I know CA has a wait time from applying
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 12/25/12 2:44pm
Msg #447745

for their DL and getting the real one. Do other states also work this way? FL is same day issue - I have never encountered wait times in other states I have lived in, but I've been here so long now, that things could have changed. Does your state make you wait?

Reply by Roger_OH on 12/25/12 3:40pm
Msg #447746

Applications and renewals are done thru each of 88 counties, so wait times are minimal; couple of weeks tops.

Reply by Roger_OH on 12/25/12 5:41pm
Msg #447755

Oops - too much eggnog...

I thought we were discussing notary commission waits, not DLs - we get those immediately.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/25/12 6:12pm
Msg #447757

I don't think it's the egg nog, per se ....

Roger, it's that jigger of Wild Turkey you supplement it with! LOL. Merry Christmas!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/25/12 3:55pm
Msg #447748

AZ has no waiting time.

DL is issued immediately.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/25/12 5:58pm
Msg #447756

VA used to issue on the spot, then went to

the new version of ID/DL and it comes in the mail 1 - 2 weeks after you apply for it.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/25/12 7:33pm
Msg #447762

IL on the spot n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/26/12 12:37am
Msg #447770

There's a lot of ID fraud in CA. Each year the DMV adds more anti-fraud features to the license. The latest features are: raised signature, photo now on the left instead of the right, birthdate in 3 places, double photo where the smaller photo was color, now it's grey, in addition to the magnetic strip on the back it also has a bar code and a scanner code

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/26/12 12:44am
Msg #447771

To Add....

....with all those features (& a few more I didn't mention) I'm guessing that's why we don't get the license the same day. Also, a thorough Wants. Warrants. and ticket check is being processed.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 12/26/12 12:53pm
Msg #447796

Yeah, I don't think many people realize they do that...

...that they do a complete want/warrant check on you when you renew your ID/License. Similar to when you get pulled over by an officer, I guess, possibly deeper.

Reply by Pam/NM on 12/26/12 10:29am
Msg #447784

NM--we're kind of a whole 'nother bags of worms here

In NM you are issued a temporary paper copy in b/w on the spot and the "real" one comes in a couple of weeks--supposedly to assure you are who you say you are, as it goes thru some national database. Interestingly, we are one of the states that issues driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and there is talk bandied about that soon NM driver's licenses will NOT be adequate id to board an airplane with--TSA doesn't like 'em. Of course, they will probably grant another extension on that this year. Either way, I have an appt to finally to apply for my passport next month. Since my husband lives out of state and commutes, I don't want to get stuck here if and when they really do ban NM licenses as adequate id for the TSA...

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/26/12 2:38am
Msg #447774

AR-on the spot

And if you pick the right day/time, can be done in 5 minutes. My DMV is quite close to both my FedEx/UPS drop boxes, so when I see no or few cars in the parking lot--that's the right day/time!
Ya' gotta love small towns~~

Reply by HisHughness on 12/26/12 6:23am
Msg #447777

Re: AR-on the spot

***when I see no or few cars in the parking lot--that's the right day/time! Ya' gotta love small towns***

Also, if it's acorn season, you have to watch out for razorbacks; you have to choose a parking spot close enough to the door where you can make a run for it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.