Notary Rotary
I am new signing agent and need help
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by MMaha on 12/26/12 3:07pm
Msg #447813

Hi All, I recently got my commission for notary and took class for NSA. I have passed my NSA exam too and I am ready to work as a mobile notary signing agent in Los Gatos, Saratoga neighborhood (Santa Clara County). Can someone please help me to get information to know how to get work or who should I approach to get signing agent jobs?? I am very excited and looking forward to start working soon. I will really appreciate your help.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/26/12 3:19pm
Msg #447814

The fact that you knew enough to come to this forum is a

good start. Search using the orange search button at the top of the page & pull up msg. 33325 & also search "newbie". There's a wealth of info for those willing to do some research. Follow the forum to learn from many of the experienced notaries who post here. Also, complete your profile on this site, it's valuable advertising space. Use Signing Central to check the reputation of cos. who call you, and market yourself to the cos. with good ratings. Good luck. I don't know what kind of training you took, but there is good training material available here on NR.

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/26/12 4:40pm
Msg #447823

Re: I am fairly new too and the best tool to get work and

to learn the business is right here. Go to Signing Central (SC) and start sending out packages (at least 3 stars and above) - keep track. I'd start in the middle of the list. Read everything on "search" about starting out and about fees. I don't know your area but IMO don't low ball yourself on fees - charge a good fee ($XXX here simi rural) because it cost you more than you think to do a loan. Report your experiences to SC giving the number of stars that you feel they earned - we all depend on those ratings. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 12/26/12 4:53pm
Msg #447826

A very considerate and thorough response, HSH/WA. n/m

Reply by MMaha on 12/26/12 5:19pm
Msg #447830

Re: A very considerate and thorough response, HSH/WA.

Thanks guys for your very valuable advice and suggestions!! I would love to know more. I am in california, Santa Clara county (Bay area).

Reply by MW/VA on 12/26/12 9:00pm
Msg #447838

Don't forget to do a search under the "Find a Notary" tab

& find out how much competition you have.

Reply by CJ on 12/26/12 11:35pm
Msg #447849

Be sure to read this forum every day. You will learn a lot. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.