Notary Rotary
I know times are hard and different but ss offers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 12/8/12 7:08am
Msg #445898

$100. for an edoc Purchase on a saturday and wants docs dropped off at hub before saturday pickup deadline. No negotiating, no thank you, goodbye.

Reply by sueharke on 12/8/12 9:05am
Msg #445902

I have the same request from a SS, but I know the deadline to drop docs at a Fed Ex store near me is 3 pm. Therefore, I let the signers know my deadline to complete the signing in order to drop the docs timely. If it does not work for the signers, then I contact the SS and ask what they want me to do. Luckily, I have 4 FedEx locations to drop docs at.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/8/12 9:12am
Msg #445904

we have a 3pm at fedex on sat also which is great

but the issue was the fee not the drop off.

Reply by Les_CO on 12/8/12 9:49am
Msg #445913

Re: we have a 3pm at fedex on sat also which is great

Most NSA’s don’t charge more on the weekends/evenings, as most TC don’t charge the borrowers more to sign at those times.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/8/12 9:53am
Msg #445914

Les

it was not so much the sat. closing or the drop off (i go to the hub all the time) it was the fee in general. don't mean to be a prima donna but $100 just doesn't fly for an edoc purchase and i wonder what their cut is to make a call. i am just not a huge fan of cheap ss's.

Reply by Les_CO on 12/8/12 10:11am
Msg #445915

Re: Les

I would guess it depends on the area, and the SS and the TC. In my area $100 is a pretty standard fee, max $125; I turn down many less than $100 offers. My standard fee is $125, but I will go for $100 if its close and a convenient time of day (say 10 AM) and I know the company. I always drop the package at a manned store, and get a receipt so for me that’s sop. I don’t care what they charge the borrower, nothing or $500, if asked I always tell the borrower my fee, and often show them my confirmation, if they have a problem, they can take it up with their LO.

Reply by sueharke on 12/8/12 7:03pm
Msg #445943

Re: we have a 3pm at fedex on sat also which is great

Actually as I read it, it was the signing and dropping the docs by the deadline date on Saturday. The ss did not want to negotiate for services they wanted.

Reply by Barb25 on 12/8/12 9:35am
Msg #445906

I live in an area where there is no Saturday pickup within 18 miles. I tell this to the SS. I also tell them FedEx will pick up at my location for an additional $15. if it is imperative that the TC needs the docs back by Monday. In 99.5% of the cases, I am told to drop the docs on Monday. What does that tell you? And BTW, that is the truth.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/8/12 9:45am
Msg #445909

I believe, I believe, the dollar rules........ n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 12/8/12 1:35pm
Msg #445926

I did two of them today, and would have been delighted to do more! I'm in north Alabama, with no outbound overnight service until Monday. Two packages completed, I'm home for lunch and the afternoon, and I went only 26 miles total (with light traffic). Throw me back into that briar patch! Roll Tide, ya'll........

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.