Notary Rotary
I shouldve known better...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by BobtheElder on 12/14/12 7:00pm
Msg #446574

Took a signing from a company I knew was a lowballer, but they met my fee this time so I agreed to do it. No more for these guys. What a hassle!

Finally sent me docs 45 minutes before a signing that was 45 minutes away, fortunately the title company called me directly and sent them themselves at least thirty minutes before the signing company... did the signing. Had half a dozen phone calls from as many different people at the SS on the way there, three calls DURING the signing and another dozen AFTER the danged thing! All from people whose first language was definitely NOT english.

Title said no faxbacks required when I spoke to them directly, the SS insisted, even when I told them that docs couldn't be dropped today if they wanted the faxbacks ( I had agreed to the faxbacks, specifying that the docs would be dropped the following day because of them). And of course title wanted the docs dropped instead of faxbacks.

Finally just stopped and made copies of the FB docs and emailed them once I got home, and told them to REMOVE me from their database and not to call me again.

All in all, I have 23 phone calls and sixteen emails on ONE loan... this is nuts.

Thanks for lettin' me vent Smile

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 12/14/12 7:04pm
Msg #446575

Can you name the company? n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/14/12 7:10pm
Msg #446576

<<<Took a signing from a company I knew was a lowballer, but they met my fee this time so I agreed to do it. No more for these guys. What a hassle!>>>

Make yourself a nice hot cup of tea and put your feet up! I just mentioned earlier that along with lowball fees comes lowball SOP and tactics (msg. #446571).

<<<All in all, I have 23 phone calls and sixteen emails on ONE loan... this is nuts.>>>

Yikes!! Thanks for confirming my observations.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/14/12 7:25pm
Msg #446577

Yep...

I just finished a contract stint doing Notary work from 8 to 5 for a regular paycheck and didn't think I'd miss it this soon.

I like being free to set my own schedule and I usually don't have problems getting paid, but sometimes I feel like I could burst a blood vessel dealing with these guys. I never have these kind of issues with my title company clients...

Live and learn

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 12/14/12 7:41pm
Msg #446580

Sounds like Nations Direct. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 12/14/12 7:39pm
Msg #446579

Must be that kind of week & no, not 12-12-12

superstition. I had a signing yesterday for a co. I do signings for occasionally. I forget that they want faxbacks as SOP. I don't do that, and certainly don't have time in my schedule for that kind of nonsense these days. This co. (don't want to name right now) emails & texts. I got a bunch of texts, and it got on my last nerve. I felt they were spamming me in the middle of a busy & stressful day. Told them it would be the last signing I did for them. It's too busy these days to put up with any BS!
When you said it was "23 phones calls & sixteen emails"--I would have been screaming at them at that point--WTH are they thinking??? We're mobile, dealing with incredible traffic, etc. Don't they realize that kind of distraction puts us in danger on the road.
We all getting smarter in this biz every day, hopefully, and get really good at setting limits of how much we're willing to put up with for the meager fee we're paid.

Reply by tony1994CT on 12/14/12 8:05pm
Msg #446587

Re: Must be that kind of week & no, not 12-12-12

You are not kidding.Lawyers get 7 times what we get, just because when they conduct their closings with their clients they make sure they read and embellish every page of the closing package to them,making sure they occupy one and a half hour so they can justify charging them $700.00 for the closing

Reply by Jack/AL on 12/14/12 11:51pm
Msg #446602

We've told you, and told you, and told you..........

Unfortunately for many of us, that was after we'd gone through a very similar transaction. All too often, we hope for the best, even when we know the odds and experiences are against us. We know it just can't be THAT bad, and sure enough, it is that bad, or worse! At least now you'll have a clear conscience when you decline jobs from that company. After such frustrating transactions, I have a more favorable appreciation for the good companies.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/15/12 11:02am
Msg #446624

Re: We've told you, and told you, and told you..........

Yep... and guess what, they called me for another job after 9pm last night!
Maybe they just don't understand english....

Reply by Jack/AL on 12/15/12 11:36am
Msg #446631

Now, you can start feeling better by saying "No." n/m

Reply by Yowheelz on 12/17/12 8:43am
Msg #446770

Was probably Flex- after 8 emails and 5 phone calls told

them to find someone else. Don't need the hassle.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.