Notary Rotary
In response to messages 446533 & 446555
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 12/15/12 9:36pm
Msg #446688

***The post and poster deserved to be permanently banned from this forum. If not I am off of here for good. Disgusting!!***

***Yet, how many of you giggle and titter about and encourage this person when he makes his misogynistic jokes, talks continually about body parts, fluids, noises, etc. I see some of you posting in this thread - those that laud his crassness as funny, cute, etc. - "You're just so funny".***

I'm going to respond to this in a way that does not offend the forum rules; in other words, I'm not going to be expressing any political opinions. If anyone wants to get into that, let's take it to Just Politics.

1. Quite a few of the participants, Julie, choose to find some amusement in my postings. They far exceed those who publicly post in support; I do not share the PMs I receive that ask me to continue to try to enliven the forum.

2. I defy you to find misogynistic comments with my name attached. My only child is a daughter. I would be gravely offended if I was ever told that she could not be president -- or Pope, for that matter -- because of her gender. Conversely, I note that you have never complained when some of your political fellow travelers have posted male-bashing jokes in Leisure. I detect some selective distaste.

3. You may have misconstrued my quite blunt humor about my ex-wives as misogynistic. That could hardly be further from the case. I regard them all as sort of androgynous, much like demons who are sexless. Well ... exactly like demons, in fact.

4. I plead guilty to enjoying, and propagating, edgy, even ribald, humor. I attempt not to cross the line, but if you juggle a lot of oranges -- and I do -- occasionally you're going to whiff. Only once have I really transgressed, however, and on that occasion I got roundly trounced, as I should have -- you were prominent amongst the trouncers -- and I apologized. Conversely, check out the jokes others post in Leisure, then talk to me about body parts.

5. My personal opinion is that your disdain for my participation on this forum, and similar distaste by others in your clique, stems primarily from the fact that I am a vocal, vigorous and even vociferous advocate for a political viewpoint on Just Politics that differs from yours, not to mention an effective advocate. JPol is overrun with adherents of a political point of view; there are only a few who share my views. I think you really dislike getting your ears often soundly boxed on JPol for your views, and it colors any judgment you might have of me or my postings.

6. As to the issue that prompted the messages listed above, I do not apologize for my passion on that issue. It is heartfelt, and bone-deep, and the closer I get to seeing my first -- and to be my only grandchilld ever -- born in January, the more deeply committed I am to correcting what I perceive to be a major evil in our society. I can only recommend that you reexamine your priorities on the matter.

Everybody please note: Not a single political opinion was expressed in this post. If you wish to respond with something of a political flavor, I will see you in JPol.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/15/12 9:51pm
Msg #446690

This all is bound to make for a lively evening. However, the soft rain on the metal roof is calling me to head to the down early and get a good night's sleep, something I've been missing all week. On top of that, I thought I'd use a few hours this afternoon to browse Target, and my first clue this was not a great idea is that I had to hike two huge parking lots to get into the store. I love hiking, but not in the dark and not across asphalt dodging shopping carts and umbrellas heading straight for your eyeballs.

Cheers to all!

Good night!

Reply by Les_CO on 12/16/12 6:14am
Msg #446703

And just what has this post, your opinions of what is humorous, what is evil in our society, your wives, your daughter, your soon to be grandchild, your friends (if you have any) or your relatives have to do with notary work? We all know you lust to be another Samuel Clemens, well you do have the verbosity, just not the talent, and this forum as you yourself have stated ad nauseam, is a place to discuss notary work.

Reply by CinOH on 12/16/12 8:53am
Msg #446707

Agree. This has nothing to do with work. I can't understand why everyone can't leave JP discussions over in JP.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/16/12 9:05am
Msg #446709

Or leisure in leisure..but many can't seem to find the way n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 12/16/12 9:35am
Msg #446715

The original messages were posted in the Discuss Work forum

They should not have been; on that we agree. I note that neither of you chose to excoriate those posters; it was not until I chose to respond that you chose to found someone to condemn.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/16/12 9:57am
Msg #446720

Guilty conscience? I wasn't just addressing you, Hugh n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 12/16/12 10:56am
Msg #446726

Re: Guilty conscience? I wasn't just addressing you, Hugh

In Hugh’s case (and only in Hugh’s case) two wrongs DO make a right! Please remember that for future reference. It’s their fault….They made him write this tripe. I hereby condemn all those here (including myself) that have in the past made Hugh write those many, many inappropriate posts.

Reply by CinOH on 12/16/12 6:51pm
Msg #446753

Re: The original messages were posted in the Discuss Work forum

My comment was not directed specifically to you. It was directed to everyone dragging politics over here, though you are one of the main offenders.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/16/12 9:32pm
Msg #446762

Re: In response to messages 446533 & 446555 n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.