Is December usualy a slow month? n/m
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by BoomerSooner on 12/4/12 12:48pm
Msg #445474

Is December usualy a slow month? n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 12/4/12 12:59pm
Msg #445475

not in my experience.

My best months (in order) are typically November, December, and January. I wish I knew why. I think it has something to do with me having snow tires, and many of my counterparts not having snow tires. That's an unproven theory though.

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/4/12 1:02pm
Msg #445476

Re: not in my experience.

I guess I will have to get some snow tires.

Reply by BoomerSooner on 12/4/12 1:06pm
Msg #445479

No snow in Oklahoma

its 81 here today, slow month so far. Come on Snow...

Reply by jba/fl on 12/4/12 2:21pm
Msg #445489

Get those snow tires. I'm thinking they could do

double duty and I could then drive on the beaches. Maybe I'll get another notary or two to go in on them with me and we can share the wealth?

Reply by ikando on 12/4/12 2:45pm
Msg #445495

Re: No snow in Oklahoma

Boomer, you wouldn't be saying that if you'd been in the business in 2010 & 11. I was sent out during the snowmeggedon, got stuck on a slight incline and paid to get pulled out, had to make two trips for one signer, hiked up the driveway for another because my car couldn't go through the drift...other examples if you want them.

And the kicker--No thanks, atta-girl or even more work from the hiring party after all the trevail. Got the fee I agreed to, but REALLY earned every penny.

Reply by ME/NJ on 12/4/12 1:11pm
Msg #445481

Re: Is December usualy a slow month?

Past years it would be busy till mid December and slow down till end of January. With Sandy, possible changes in tax laws in 2013 there maybe a push to close as many deals as possible.

In my area each deal needs at least a drive by appraisal to come to table.

Finance people are suggesting make Jan 13 payment this month to claim interest deduction as it maybe gone in 2013.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/4/12 3:48pm
Msg #445508

Never had a slow December--usually slammed, including

day after Christmas. This crazy biz gets even crazier when there are holidays to contend with. I don't know about all areas, but biz is best here it's been in years. I've been dealing with very happy borrowers--lower rates & lower payments, skipped payments in Dec. & Jan. What more could Santa ask for? ;-) LOL

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/4/12 5:32pm
Msg #445531

Lately, its been the busiest for me. We shall see.... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.