Notary Rotary
Just had to turn one back. :(
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 12/21/12 12:18pm
Msg #447373

Went to reach for something while getting out of my chair and threw my back out. Can barely walk or stand. Any great, quick remedies out there?

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 12/21/12 12:26pm
Msg #447375

My chiropractor is a life-saver in keeping my back in shape.

Apply ice then heat then stretch out the affected muscles as best you can. Stretching is really important right now for you.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/21/12 12:32pm
Msg #447377

Oh no, so sorry. If you can get to the drug store to get Aspercreme, it's immediate relief. Also Bayer Back and Body. Lay flat (like on the floor) with your feet on the ground and knees up. Hope you get better quickly.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/21/12 12:40pm
Msg #447380

Yikes!

Combining the previous two suggestions, you'll end up like a pretzel! Call your medical provider for an appt! (and get good drugs!).

Reply by Pam/NM on 12/21/12 12:50pm
Msg #447385

lay flat on your back the floor with one knee bent and one straight. GENTLY draw the bent one towards your chest and then stretch your lower back by dropping it across the opposite side of your body and using it's own weight to do the stretch. Don't bounce or force. Use your the weight of your leg to do the work. About 30 years ago I was pinned between 2 pieces of equipment and slipped a disc. This was one of the PT exercises they gave me and every time I start getting a wonky back, it helps....a lot.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/21/12 2:05pm
Msg #447397

Thank you, everyone!

Started off with 15-20 minutes of heat then did Pam/NM's exercises. Feeling much better. I can move and walk ~60% of normal. Will keep doing this every couple of hours and hope things resolve. Howard, you were right. Stretching really helps. Karla: Unfortunately, was unable to get myself to the store for the Aspercreme. But, thank you for the good wishes.

GG: Already have muscle relaxant as this happens once in a great while due to an old, old injury from a fall. Don't want to it yet as it makes me drowsy and if this resolves today, I want to be able to drive. If not all better by 5, I'll certainly take that Flexeril.

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/21/12 4:19pm
Msg #447417

Re: Thank you, everyone!

Yoli, just saying Flexeril makes me want to fall asleep. Hopefully you won't have to take it! Feel better soon!

Reply by closergrl on 12/21/12 5:54pm
Msg #447428

Re: Thank you, everyone!

Feel better soon.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.