Notary Rotary
Just venting here, but gosh dang
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 12/7/12 5:37pm
Msg #445829

Called yesterday for an 8am today. Told her I needed docs that night. 7pm comes and I give them a call. She said she would email escrow and cc me. Didn't hear another word. 10pm was going to bed and I email "reply all" to them taking this signing off my calendar for 8am due to no response and no docs. 8:00 this morning, email came to "all" stating to find a new notary. 8:30 am borrower is calling me wondering where I am. I apologized profusely to him and explained what was happening. He was not upset at me at all, said its just the last straw in this entire process. Noon today, another branch of the TC calls asking if I could a closing in such n such town. It was the same one. I briefly explained to her what had transpired. I was not available when they scheduled.

Then today get a call from a TC that I have worked for many times. 4hrs later still no confirmation. I call and ask for one and they acted like they didn't know what the h*** I meant. I tried to explain it to her, but she didn't care to listen. I told her "ma'am, I have to know who the borrowers are, what their phone # is, what the address is etc etc. She cut me off short and hung up. What the h***.

Just sick of this kind of crap. When will it ever end. Probably never and 99.999% of the time I just go with the flow. It is what it is. Just frustrated because I lost 2 signings today because someone else cannot do their job and of course I am the bad guy, or gal I should say. geesh

Reply by ananotary on 12/7/12 6:13pm
Msg #445834

No docs, no lock down on time. Period. I wouldn't pass up

other business. Sorry this happened to you. I learned to do this after much reading of this blog and my own trial and error. Crazy business we are in sometimes.

Reply by Barb25 on 12/7/12 7:03pm
Msg #445841

When I started doing loan signings almost

12 years ago, most every one was "overnight docs." I can't ever remember having these problems. Something wrong with that picture.

But you are right, and it seems to be getting worse. This certainly shouldn't be a high stress job. But dodging bullets in the war zone and staying out from under the bus is stressful.

My highlight of the week is that I actually have my docs for my Monday signings. Who'da thunk it?

Reply by ikando on 12/7/12 7:23pm
Msg #445843

Re: When I started doing loan signings almost

Barb, I remember those days. What changed?

Reply by Barb25 on 12/7/12 7:28pm
Msg #445846

Now we have edocs... The "technology" slowed everything down n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/7/12 7:29pm
Msg #445848

Technology advanced... e-mail and pdf docs

are quicker and save their paper...so do it that way

But because it's quicker, everything's also left til the last minute and people overextend ... because it only takes a couple minutes, it's done online, it's e-mailed etc etc

I see it in my office - we now e-file with court so, of course, EVERYTHING is left til last minute cuz no more mailing - now just file online - it's quicker. Ugh

Reply by Barb25 on 12/8/12 9:30am
Msg #445905

Re: Technology advanced...Hmm

Actually Linda you are correct of course. That is what new "technology" is all about. Make it better, faster, more efficient, more economical, etc, etc.

So I do hope you realize that my response was in fact a "joke." Because prior to the new technology no one could leave anything to the last minute. Fedex wouldn't wait. For us "the notariy" we took the job, the docs showed up the next day by fedex and the job was done. There was no time for "them" to overextend on "their" part and our job was less problematic.

Life was a lot simpler. A case of where are the good old days. I even used to have a company that sent me my check with the docs. How about that one?

Reply by Budman on 12/7/12 10:57pm
Msg #445873

Re: Linda, I like your swear words

One of my golfing buddies ( a retired minister ) says dag nabit

Reply by CentralNY on 12/8/12 9:43am
Msg #445907

Barb when i did this stuff in a law firm

because of technology everyone felt everything could be done "right now", push, push, push. so much of the tech is great but we do so much of hurry up and wait. a quirky pet peeve of mine is a company sends docs with 3 emails, one is the link, one is a user name (from mars) and one is a password (from jupiter). i just think some IT people are from mars. you would think it would get friendlier but it doesn't. like multiple steps or programs to close out a file and/or invoice.

Reply by Barb25 on 12/8/12 11:43am
Msg #445918

Re: Barb when i did this stuff in a law firm

I hear you. Truth be told whatever the situation today, "we just have to go with the flow" LOL. In 10 years, these will be the good old days. Everything is relative, I guess. Smile

Reply by CentralNY on 12/8/12 6:26pm
Msg #445941

Re: Barb when i did this stuff in a law firm

you know i don't feel like an old fogey and keep up with the best of them i just think some of the new great tech stuff and ways to do things are a joke and they are not efficient but we have to keep in lock step with them cause they say we have to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.