Notary Rotary
LSI
Notary Discussion History

LSI
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Gary/Wa on 12/4/12 10:02am
Msg #445465

LSI

There seems to be big changes with LSI. For example yesterday I did a closing on a Chase file. When I recieved the email docs there was a page that said everything needed to be faxed or scanned back directly after the closing so they could record right away. By the way, the file was around 150 pages. They also included with the docs three years 1040 (all pages) for someone unrelated to the transaction. Not even in the right state. I called LSI and spoke to someone on the Chase team. I made that call right after recieving the docs. I told her I would not fax back all those pages and they were never mentioned when I excepted the signing. I suggested they call another notary. I was told she had to check with her supervisor and call me back. She never did call. I went to the closing ...my call has still not been returned. THIS ISN'T THE LSI I USED TO KNOW.

Reply by roseIN on 12/4/12 10:32am
Msg #445467

so, did you fax back?

Reply by Gary/Wa on 12/5/12 8:52am
Msg #445589

I went to a Chase branch and they faxed all the pages.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 12/4/12 10:40am
Msg #445468

I'm guessing you managed to get a Chase investment property. It seems that regardless of which title company or signing company you do one of those through, you are going to fax back the entire package. In LSI's defense, the scheduler who contacted you probably called you from their call center in the Miami, Florida area and had absolutely no clue that they were asking you to do a signing for an investment property. They are not able to see that on their confirmation information. However, it should have been the responsibility of the closing coordinator who sent you the documents to let you know that the full package was to be faxed back and that they would be adding a fax fee for you. They should have called you directly when they sent over the documents.

As far as the LSI you used to know, I do not believe they exist anymore. I have noticed the same thing myself. Everyone seems so stressed out all the time. Just like it was when I worked for one of the major lenders as an underwriter. God I love being self-employed!

Reply by emilysigns on 12/4/12 11:38am
Msg #445470

Fax backs are a requirement of the Lender, not the escrow company.

LSI does not have a call center in any part of FL. LPS is the parent company and is located in Jacksonville, FL. They do not schedule Signings.

Signing coordination is in their Sac, CA, Irvine, CA, and Corapolis, PA offices. Separately, there is a default division which schedules their own signings as well.

Vendor Managment is centralized in Irvine, CA.

Reply by A S Johnson on 12/4/12 11:56am
Msg #445472

This LSI is NOT the company you use to work for.
It is now owned by a investment group in India.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/4/12 1:04pm
Msg #445478

OMG. That is ridiculous.

Is this what this forum is for? Do people just make up random things to dissuade other notaries for working for good, decent companies?

First of all, that's not true, but if it were--WHY in the world would that matter to you, as a signing agent? I'm just curious. Does that have any affect whatsoever on your role?

Good luck peeps, I'm out of here.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 12/4/12 1:03pm
Msg #445477

I get LSI calls out of FL all the time

Got one today. I think they may allow people to work from home, like Jet Blue. This caller was from Florida, and for the LSI North office.
I also frequently hear dogs barking, and babies crying in LSI calls now.

Still, they're one of my favorites, and I haven't had many troubles with them, except one call recently that they sent me on when the signer had requested a Vietnamese-speaking signing agent, but I can see that as an accidental oversight, especially since it hasn't been a regular occurrence.

Reply by jnew on 12/4/12 1:08pm
Msg #445480

Re: I get LSI calls out of FL all the time

LSI is a company which is owned by Lender Processing Services, Inc. It is one of about 16 companies owned by LPS which is a fortune 500 company.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 12/4/12 5:03pm
Msg #445524

Emily You Are Incorrect

Chase signings are scheduled out of Florida. I have been receiving Florida scheduling calls from LSI for almost two years.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/4/12 8:33pm
Msg #445562

Re: Emily You Are Incorrect

I am not saying that there isn't a single scheduler working from home in FL....I said there was no CALL CENTER in FL.

The only LSI office in FL is the parent company, LPS. Ask your scheduler next time.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/4/12 1:25pm
Msg #445483

<< it should have been the responsibility of the closing coordinator who sent you the documents to let you know that the full package was to be faxed back and that they would be adding a fax fee for you. >>

LSI closing coordinators never voluntarily add the fee for me. Every time, I have to ask for it on the confirmation of closing. And even when I ask for it, it sometimes doesn't get added and I have to continue to contact LSI until it is. Very frustrating.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/4/12 8:36pm
Msg #445563

Copperhead-

It is because of the way their system is set up. There are fees that populate based on your quoted rates. Anything above that amount has to be manually entered.

The scheduler doesn't have any more information available to them than what is shown on your confirmation sheet. So, yes, you need to tell them.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/4/12 8:44pm
Msg #445566

Yes, but PegiT said that the closing coordinator who sends you the docs will tell you of the faxback requirement and will automatically add the faxback fee for you - that has not been my experience. Yes they tell you about the faxbacks but they do not automatically adjust your fee.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/4/12 11:18pm
Msg #445570

Well folks, it seems that we have had a different experience. What I know is that I personally have had a great experience with LSI, I don't feel short changed at all.

I know that they will keep doing the things that make their clients happy, which in turn keeps me working, so I will do what makes my client happy.

If there is something you need, simply ask. Otherwise, take what you will and leave the rest.

Sincere wishes for good luck and prosperity.

Reply by Carlos Recinos on 12/5/12 9:38pm
Msg #445663

All calls are good from anywhere, as long as we keep on getting them.
Has anyone else been receiving Chase's paper work with missing BO info(names, address,loan number) on docs, repeat documents all over, about 20 pages worth, I sent an email asking about it, no answer from the team.
Any one else?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.