Notary Rotary
LSI
Notary Discussion History

LSI
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Karen Maxwell-Cervantes on 12/17/12 11:51am
Msg #446784

LSI

Just spoke to them and was told if I do not set my fee for $100.00 I will be overprice and overlooked. Was told the rate they pay in San Antonio TX

Reply by Jessica Ward on 12/17/12 11:58am
Msg #446785

not the case in my market (Seattle)

But it's not always a bad thing to be passed over. I make a habit of eliminating my lowest-performing clients (LSI is not one of them here). Don't keep clients you don't want to work for--hunt up better clients who are going to pay you what you're worth.

Reply by Karen Maxwell-Cervantes on 12/17/12 12:00pm
Msg #446786

Re: not the case in my market (Seattle)

I went to the cofee website here in San antonio and all of them are listed as 100.00 even the ones that have been doing this for years. Go figure!!!!

Reply by Robert H. Ruston on 12/17/12 12:23pm
Msg #446792

Re: not the case in my market (New York, Hudson Valley reg)

LSI always good to me. I like working with LSI.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/17/12 12:21pm
Msg #446789

not true in my area either, i guess it depends on location n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/17/12 8:04pm
Msg #446866

Has anyone noticed that more and more the LSI title docs are not filled out with borrower name, file number, property address, etc? I've noticed this mostly with the Chase team but just had one the other day with the USAA team. So annoying because borrowers don't want to sign docs with all those blanks. The obviuosly have the software in place for these docs to be pre-filled since they always used to be. Are the teams THAT busy that they can't push the button to pre-populate these forms for their borrowers?

Reply by emilysigns on 12/18/12 2:16pm
Msg #446951

No, they don't have that capability and LSI doesn't draw the docs. The lender does. Notice that there are 2 sets of docs, the loan docs (from the lender) and the escrow docs (statement of information, HUD-1 created from SoftPro, POA & Correction, trust cert, owner's aff, survey aff, and any GD's.) Notice these are almost all generic forms with exception to only the POA and correction, and HUD-1. They cannot populate the borrower's information to multiple documents.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/18/12 3:17pm
Msg #446959

What???

LSI most certainly does draw their own title docs. The LSI docs are the ones I am talking about - the lender does NOT draw LSI docs. In the past they have always been pre-filled with borrower names, address, LSI order number, borrower names on signature lines, etc. Lately I am getting completely blank title docs from LSI. For years they have been filled out with borrower information - now all of a sudden the exact same LSI forms have blank lines instead of borrower's info.

<< They cannot populate the borrower's information to multiple documents. >>

Yes they can, and they have always done so in the past on the loans I have closed for them.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/18/12 3:45pm
Msg #446964

Re: What???

No, they really can't. Believe me, they WISH they could. They only draw the GD's, the HUD-1, and the POA Correction.

Which document are you specifically referring to? Please provide an example. I'm willing to bet it's a lender document.

They have no capability to autofill their docs. LSI largely only provides the generic forms that they have been using for a million years--you know, the ones that are all jacked up, have outdated acknowledgements, the First name is all the way to the left, past the actual name line. These are the LSI docs.

When you are waiting on docs, what do you think you are waiting for? LSI? No, you're waiting on the lender. LSI has to wait for them as well--to come from the lender.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/18/12 4:03pm
Msg #446971

Emily, I am talking about the following LSI-generated title docs:

POA & Correction Agreement (LSI logo at top)
Closeout Letter (LSI logo at top)
Acknowledgment of Receipt of Settlement Statement (LSI logo at top)
Borrower's Title Affidavit
Closing Errors & Ommissions / Compliance Agreement (LSI logo at top)
Loan Proceeds Delivery Instructions

These are LSI docs, not lender docs, and in the past they have always been pre-populated with borrower name, address, and signature lines. LSI has these same docs no matter what lender the loan is signed for.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/18/12 6:25pm
Msg #446991

Those are all LSI docs--you're right.

The settlement statement kicks out with the HUD-1. That should be filled out.
The POA and correction should be filled out
Closing errors and Omissions should be filled out

The rest have been blank in my 8 years of experience with them. When did they fill them out????

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/18/12 10:23pm
Msg #447028

LOL! They have always been filled out for me - until now!

But I deal mostly with the Coraopolis, PA office - maybe you deal mostly with the CA office?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/19/12 5:40am
Msg #447049

Did a loan for LSI last week..all docs filled in.. n/m

Reply by emilysigns on 12/19/12 11:45am
Msg #447069

Re: LOL! They have always been filled out for me - until now!

You've got me there. I do largely work for the Ca office. They have 2 versions of most of these forms. They're never filled out and I didn't fill them out when I worked there. They were just standard forms that went out. Did three packages yesterday, all generic blank forms. Got one in a few minutes...same thing. I'll ask them when I stop in Later today and see what they say....

Weird.

Reply by emilysigns on 12/20/12 1:06pm
Msg #447236

Re: LOL! They have always been filled out for me - until now!

Funny--I asked and I got about the same reaction from them as I have from you--but for the opposite reason.

WHAT???? We don't have time to prefill all the standard docs! WHO does that? HOW do they do that???

Ah, one of those mysteries....the world may never know.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.