Notary Rotary
Loan signing companies
Notary Discussion History

Loan signing companies
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Services - Comet on 12/21/12 5:03pm
Msg #447418

Loan signing companies

I have read a lot about companies looking for notaries to do refi ect. Than I read about the notary not getting paid by these companies that are usually out of state. I will no longer do any work for these companies unless I get paid by credit card before I even do any work. Many of us notary get burned and its just not right. I signed up with square and got a free credit card reader I can use on my Iphone. If they do not want to do that than forget about it. I am not getting burned no more by scams!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/21/12 5:11pm
Msg #447419

Well, then, I'd suggest you market your general notary

services like crazy - cuz your loan signing volume is about to tank if you follow through with this.

JMO and Good luck.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 12/21/12 5:11pm
Msg #447420

Great Idea - Good luck on that one. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/21/12 5:16pm
Msg #447422

There are some VERY GOOD signing services out there -- nationwide. Many of them will not pay up front but do pay at about 30 days.

What you may want to do when you get a call for a signing is check them out on Signing Central. The best companies have a 4 to 5 star rating. IMO, a 3-star company is worth considering. Anything less, keep away from them.

This, of course, is just my opinion and everyone has the right to operate their business the way they see fit.

Reply by Frank/NC on 12/21/12 5:39pm
Msg #447425

What a great idea. No overhead, no need for printers, no need for paper, no tech support, no phone, no fax, no scanner. Why didn't I think of that?

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/21/12 7:56pm
Msg #447434

"What a great idea. No overhead, no need for printers, no need for paper, no tech support, no phone, no fax, no scanner. Why didn't I think of that?"

You forgot to add: "no business"

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 12/21/12 6:59pm
Msg #447430

If this were April I would think this was an April Fool's joke post.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/21/12 7:57pm
Msg #447435

Let us know how that works out for you... n/m

Reply by PJM/MI on 12/21/12 8:29pm
Msg #447438

Good luck getting work n/m

Reply by CJ on 12/21/12 9:01pm
Msg #447442

I think it's a great idea . . .

I hope all my competition does the same thing. Smile

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/21/12 11:16pm
Msg #447454

Re: Good answers above, truth is I have stuck with

3 stars and above and have not been burned yet. At one time if I got a call from a less than 3 star I offered to do it if they paid up front. No takers. Now I just say no and tell them why. Most hang up very quickly. IMO if you will only work for SCs that will pay up front, you might as well save the time and energy and find something else to do. I don't mean to be negative but I don't think it will work out for you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.