Notary Rotary
New York City and Borough Closers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 12/20/12 11:18am
Msg #447217

i am in central ny and i just got a call to do something downstate and declined but they were looking for a "pick up closer". So if you downstate gals and guys do that by all means highlight it in your profiles.

Reply by OR on 12/20/12 11:28am
Msg #447220

LOL "Pick up Closer"? Highlight in red. lol

Reply by CentralNY on 12/20/12 2:14pm
Msg #447251

Definitely Highlight in Red

but that is a real term and there is money to be made if you are a "pick up" closer; mark up title, recordation of releases, docs etc. after closing. it's a good gig.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/20/12 3:51pm
Msg #447275

Re: Definitely Highlight in Red

You definitely can make good money doing these, but you need to know what you're doing because there's a lot more responsibility involved - you're representing the TC at the table. When I was in NY, I took the training necessary to be able to do this, but it was hard to get started due to the condition of the market - what work there was only went to experienced closers.

The "pickup" part of it involves determining the payment amount for any outstanding mortgages and other liens, getting a check for that amount from the seller, and overnighting it (at your expense) to the lender. If the check gets lost, you're responsible for the funds. You can usually get $150-$200 per lien, plus the buyer customarily throws you at least $100 for your services at the table, so it can be quite lucrative.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.