Notary Rotary
No confirmation email an hour after phone call accepting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Brenda/FL on 12/24/12 9:25am
Msg #447693

assignment...Think they found a cheaper notary and blew me off? Do you call and check? This would be a first for me.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/24/12 9:26am
Msg #447695

Yes - I give them about 45 minutes to get a confirmation

to me then I call. Not blocking off time without written confirmation of the job.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/24/12 12:32pm
Msg #447700

Just send an email and make a phone call informing them that if you do not receive a confirmation email from them by X time, you will not book the appointment and your schedule will be open to receive other offers. Then, if you don't receive the confirmation email by the deadline you established, feel free to accept other offers for that time slot.

If they send the confirm-email after your deadline and you've already booked another signing offer - OR you've decided to use that time slot to walk the dog or run errands, just reply and say that only *written* confirmations get booked into your schedule and verbal offers are considered tentative....sorry, but that time slot is now booked.

Reply by Paul_IL on 12/25/12 10:44pm
Msg #447769

If I do not get the confirmation I do not book the appointment. If I get it later or get docs for the mystery closing I will do it if I am free at that time or will reschedule time with the borrower for a later time or if neither is an option I will sub it out.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/27/12 3:24am
Msg #447861

Re: sub out a signing? IMO, not a good idea.

Bad idea, unless you have approval of the client in advance or you're a signing services and the client is aware of that fact. Lots of companies prohibit that. They want to be the ones making the decisions about who is handling their signings. Like the first two suggestions, though.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/31/12 8:50am
Msg #448234

Safe to say they found someone cheaper, I dont call back. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.