Notary Rotary
Non-signing pages in package . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 12/30/12 4:26am
Msg #448141

I used my "Subject" line (above) in the orange Search button but didn't get a find. If anyone can provide key words to find previous posts I would appreciate it.

I am wanting info on whether or not to show the BO such pages in the package as: instructions to escrow/title/closing agent, a Hello or Goodbye letter, legal description, data entry proof sheet, loan disbursement instructions, and what appear to be various faxed pages. All of which do not need to be signed.

Thanks in advance.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 12/30/12 4:38am
Msg #448143

Depends. Items intended for anyone other than borrower (such as Closing Instructions or data entry proof sheet, etc.) I place together at the back of the pkg and I don't present them. Some of the items you mention are intended for the borrower, and regardless of any required signature, I do present them (as intended).

I have to note that presenting the legal description has caught some serious headaches for a couple of borrowers, where multiple parcels were being used as security instead of only the one intended.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 12/30/12 11:46am
Msg #448165

I keep the package in the order received but cull out - as I go through the package with the borrower(s) - only those that are not intended for the borrower(s) such as the ones Renee mentioned. I do present certain documents that don't require signatures but are pertinent to the borrowers(s) such as;
Initial Escrow Disclosure Statement, Exhibit A / Legal Description, Monthly Payment Summary, First Lien Letter,etc.
Also, as Renee pointed out, and as I had learned some time ago, you should always present the Legal Description of the property to the borrower(s) too review. Most of the time you will find that it will be gobblygook to them but some borrowers' are very astute and can pick up errors in the description. This has happened to me twice that I can remember. Once when the Lender included adjoining parcels of land that the borrower owned and the second one had to do with Lot #'s being reversed.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/30/12 7:57am
Msg #448147

I leave them in place..when I get to them I just hold them

up to borrower, say (for example) "these are instructions from lender to title that you do not need to sign but they're here and there's a copy in your package" and flip them over and move on. I've not had anyway say "wait, I want to read those"...they usually just nod and say "okay".

Reply by Gregory/CA on 12/30/12 8:06am
Msg #448150

I do the same as Linda. n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/30/12 12:21pm
Msg #448166

Mee too! n/m

Reply by Julie/MI on 12/30/12 8:36am
Msg #448153

Hell no! Never ever!

Nor did I when I worked in house for the title company.

Just flip them over!

Reply by HisHughness on 12/30/12 8:53am
Msg #448156

Renee makes an excellent point

***I have to note that presenting the legal description has caught some serious headaches for a couple of borrowers, where multiple parcels were being used as security instead of only the one intended.***

Frankly, that had never occurred to me, but I think I'll be doing it in the future.

As to the rest of it, if it requires no signature, I don't want to take up my time with it. That's what the borrower's copies and the three-day rescission period are for.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/30/12 9:04am
Msg #448157

No. I stack the docs as I print them & paper-clip all the

"extras" at the back of the pkg. I also don't make copies of any of that for the borrower. It's internal instructions, not for the borrower.

Reply by ToniK on 12/30/12 9:10am
Msg #448158

no n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/30/12 9:57am
Msg #448160

I flip all closing inst but I always show the legal descrip

It has happened twice that borrowers own more than 1 piece of property and they had the wrong one, which resulted in a no sign.

Reply by desktopfull on 12/30/12 11:12am
Msg #448163

Many companies want initials or signatures on every page sent, even the ads. Many of the faxed pages have hand stamped somewhere on the page "Reviewed and accepted" (never in the same place) with a line for the borrower's/buyer's to sign and date. I've even had signature lines for the borrower's in the middle of the "Escrow Instructions" for the borrower/buyer to sign. IMHO, would just check carefully the pages that you turn over and don't present or you may be making a second trip at your own expense.

Reply by doofus on 12/30/12 2:18pm
Msg #448174

never have in 10 years

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/30/12 7:08pm
Msg #448190

Thanks for the helpful and mindful posts!!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.