Notary Rotary
OK, I couldn't resist ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/14/12 2:11am
Msg #446500

I went to our new bff Jessica R. Levine's Web site to see how one signed up for $65 jobs, and found that among other things they want 3 references. Isn't that how they steal client info?They also want to know how long you've been a notary, how many signings you have done, what you do now occupationwise, and what you've done before. Plus any other information that might induce them to use you. In other words, it was like applying for a job that actually pays $$ and has benefits. You'd think for $65 they wouldn't be that picky. They'd be lucky to get anybody with a pulse

Additionally, they ask that all info be e-mailed, faxed or mailed back to them. The mailing address given was: 6 Hutton Centre Drive, Suite 100.
That's it. No city, no state, no ZIP code. So much for this sentence from Jessica's post: "In our business, paying attention to details is a must!"

They also have the standard smiling notary-at-work picture. This one features a handsome, swarthy guy with a fabulous blue suit, sparkling white shirt, nice tie and his laptop, none of which was purchased doing $65 jobs. He'd be lucky to afford flipflops, which by the way, are specifically forbidden in their notary agreement.

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/14/12 3:11am
Msg #446501

Loved your post! Thanks for being the guinea pig for all of us that were curious about them. I think I am happy to stay with what I am doing now.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 12/14/12 7:06am
Msg #446505

My gut reaction was the same as everyone else when I saw the post.
"$65, are they crazy?!"

Then I looked at the post again, it says $65+. I will be signing up with them today and will opt for the +.

I looked at the questionaire and it is typical of what I see from most companies. One of the questions they ask on their questionaire is "Distance willing to travel for a standard fee (e.g. 10 mile radius, counties, cities, zip codes, etc)". I will put my minumum fee in this area. The rest is negotiable.

Also, they have 4 stars in SC so I will give them a chance.

JMO

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/14/12 7:56am
Msg #446506

Actually (the devil's in the details ...)

What it actually says is $65 + (what?) for e-docs.
"Compensation for assignments is $65.00+ for e-docs."
However, you are correct as you can always reject anything that doesn't meet your quoted fee; not theirs.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 12/14/12 8:11am
Msg #446508

An offer is just an offer...

Everyone wants to get the best deal they can. I did my research and have made a decision based on that.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/14/12 1:06pm
Msg #446531

I've worked with First National Signing several times. Not one of those signings was for under $125. And, here's their pay schedule:

Signings completed between the 1st and 15th of the month are paid on the 15th of the following month. Signings completed between the 16th and last day of the month are paid on the last day of the following month.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 12/14/12 2:39pm
Msg #446544

Me too.

I was shocked to read $65+ yesterday. Their schedule can be a little long depending upon when you sign. That said, they didn't haggle on fees, documents were prompt, and they paid on time.

Reply by ToniK on 12/14/12 9:34am
Msg #446516

SO I went back into my history of loan signings

and I have done one signing for them on Dec 2011 and they paid on feb 2012 and my fee was $100. So take it or leave it. However that was the last time I did a signing for them. I guess they found those $65 notaries. lol

Reply by Jessica R. Levine on 1/30/13 12:21pm
Msg #453121

Re: SO I went back into my history of loan signings

I should have clarified the post. While a majority of our work is loan packages, we do get requests for Subordination Agreements, Grant Deeds, Affidavits, etc. That is why the post says $65+. I did not mean to cause an uproar.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.