Notary Rotary
Old BO wants a woman notary and says not to come on my
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 12/22/12 3:25pm
Msg #447548

confirmation call. The SC calls me back the next day and asks me to go (no sex change needed). I show up, wife not home. Wife calls later, says she's sorry, and we set it up for the next morning. I call three times before driving again, no answer. I don't go. Wife calls and say phone under pillow and they didn't hear it - we agree to a time the next day and I get her cell number as back up. LO calls and chews on me - all dumb SA's fault. Finally we get it signed this morning - all this for a loan app and a low fee (I'm supposed to get the loan docs but after the LO chewed I doubt he would want to use this dumb SA again).

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/22/12 6:05pm
Msg #447572

You should have just turned it back as soon as the BO

said they didn't want a male notary. That should have been your first clue that this was going to be a problem.

I realize you're relatively new at this and are trying to build a business, but you're going to have to learn how to pick your spots. Problem BOs + low fee = nothing good will come from this for you. Don't make it your problem; learn when it's time to walk away, and don't feel like you have to explain yourself for doing so.

As far as the low fee part is concerned - if you start accepting peanuts from these companies, they'll have you slotted in as one of the notaries who will work for peanuts and will never be willing to pay you more. Plus you will end up getting the assignments no one else wants. If you really feel you need to work for these kinds of companies in order to build experience, do yourself a favor and commit to putting them in the rear-view mirror as soon as you can. Use the experience you've gained to market yourself to other companies that are willing to pay what your skills are worth.

And learn when (and how) to say no.

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/23/12 12:33am
Msg #447601

Re: Good advice which I agree with and will use - thanks n/m

Reply by CinOH on 12/23/12 11:42am
Msg #447632

Re: You should have just turned it back as soon as the BO

"Learn when it's time to walk away, and don't feel like you have to explain yourself for doing so."

This is very sage advice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.