Notary Rotary
Pets!
Notary Discussion History

Pets!
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Laurily on 12/11/12 7:16am
Msg #446112

Pets!

I really need to remember when confirming with borrowers that if they have ANY pets to please have them secured in another location of the house . Sooo many times HUGE dogs, small dogs and my most feared dog- the pitbull has been such a scary experience. I actually told a borrower one time that I was glad they had their pitbull in another room- well don't ya know dog starts crying and the father of the borrower thought it would be fine to bring out " marly" ! This dog was ALL over climbing sniffing me - I was petrified! I just don't get why they insist on having the dog in the same room!

Reply by janCA on 12/11/12 8:09am
Msg #446115

Pitbulls are no worse than any other dog that has not been trained. It's the owner, not the dog.

But I do agree, they should be secured during the signing; you need to express that to the owner. Dogs can sense fear. Your best bet is to just ignore them, and they will go away. No touch, no talk, no eye contact. (Cesear Milan)

Reply by HisHughness on 12/11/12 8:13am
Msg #446116

***Your best bet is to just ignore them, and they will go away. No touch, no talk, no eye contact.***

Worked with my ex-wives.

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/11/12 11:18am
Msg #446161

Haha....HisHughness! n/m

Reply by sueharke on 12/11/12 2:52pm
Msg #446207

The Cesar Millan, Dog Whisperer, concept. It works well for me too. I just become a pack leader with my attitude and the dogs figures it out. I also bring dog treats and sometimes that works too. It helps to be an animal lover and not be afraid.

Reply by Teri_PA on 12/12/12 4:48am
Msg #446270

I am with Hugh. We cannot dictate courtesy and manners for others. One would hope the customer has some, but, most times it is not the case. In almost every house, a dog greets me, jumps on me, and slobbers on me. Parents are distracted by their kids, and in NJ...many, many times, a borrower is not home...because the train was late! There is nothing I can do about others' behavior. If a dog appears to be vicious, I will say something, but most of the time, I will ignore the animals and the children (sometimes they are animals, too), to get the job done as efficiently as possible! I put my foot down when they are attempting to eat during the signing. I had one person try to eat lobster dripping with butter. I was nice about it, but said to please remove the food since we did not want to risk the documents being ruined. I've cleaned tables to work, gingerly worked my way up an unshoveled walkway in deep snow, and am prepared for almost anything. I walked into homes with huge cockroaches....(wealthy, too)...Ran to the nearest gas station and quickly cleaned up and checked my bag to make sure I wasn't bringing home any unwanted guests. It's the price we pay to work in this field. I've also had some delightful people, who are gracious, kind, and classy....They make up for the rudeness we encounter. JMHO

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/12/12 6:34am
Msg #446273

Good to see you here, Teri...well said.

The voices reason have returned.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/12/12 6:35am
Msg #446274

correction - "Voice *of* Reason..." n/m

Reply by Teri_PA on 12/12/12 7:24am
Msg #446277

Re: Good to see you here, Teri...well said.

Thanks Brenda....I don't often post....By the time I get to the board to see what's up...the issue has been addressed satisfactorily....If I disagree or have a different point of view, I say something...I've been in this business a long, long time...and one can become a tad jaded...especially when we remember what was...When the UPS and FEDEX drivers were our very best friends..bringing us stacks of documents for the day....Things change, people change, and we've changed...But, our objective must never change...to remember who the customer is, and what our job is...To facilitate the loan closing process, efficiently, kindly, accurately, and legally...to name a few adjectives...Again, JMHO

Reply by roseIN on 12/11/12 8:29am
Msg #446117

Wrong! Pit Bulls are thee worst

Reply by CentralNY on 12/11/12 9:10am
Msg #446122

And sorry to say Caesar attempted suicide recently

so much for the pits. i agree the worst and bos' should not force them on people. bos' need to be professional also. sorry the animals jumping all over is my pet peeve.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/11/12 10:01am
Msg #446142

What does Cesar's attempt at suicide have to do with this?

Here are a few facts.

I am not in love with Cesar and his methods. He's okay, he is interesting, but he is just one dog trainer who knows how to market himself.

Suicide has nothing to do with pit bulls.

Suicide has nothing to do with the fact that people own dogs and dogs are often brats. Borrowers are often people with bratty dogs.

Borrowers do not have to be professional.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 12/11/12 10:29am
Msg #446146

Re: What does Cesar's attempt at suicide have to do with this?

<<<<<<Borrowers do not have to be professional>>>>>>

Maybe they don't need to be professional, but they need to be courteous and respectful. Don't you think?

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/11/12 10:44am
Msg #446149

I think that it is nice if they are,

but WE cannot force anyone to be anything. Let the disrespect roll off your back and realize you cannot control the world.

We have choices...so do they.

Reply by Hart - Marilyn on 12/11/12 11:09am
Msg #446157

Pit Bulls have killed enough people in my eyes.
No thanks!!

Reply by sueharke on 12/11/12 2:56pm
Msg #446209

Pit bulls have also protected families and saved families in case of fire. A dog is like a child - he or she responds to what it has been taught.

Reply by sueharke on 12/11/12 2:54pm
Msg #446208

Do you mean the dog owner who does not know how to raise a dog is the problem? The dog will do what the owner asks if the owner tells the dogs by their actions what he or she wants. Otherwise, the dog will think he or she is the boss.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 12/11/12 9:56am
Msg #446141

<<<<<<Pitbulls are no worse than any other dog that has not been trained. It's the owner, not the dog>>>>>>

Really? Are you kidding me? Pitbulls and Rottweilers are the worst. It's in their blood to be aggressive.

Reply by sueharke on 12/11/12 2:57pm
Msg #446210

So are children who are abused and beaten or bullied by their parents, siblings, and school mates. I don't see dogs shooting other people at a school.

Reply by OR on 12/11/12 8:40am
Msg #446119

Sorry you have fear of Dogs. That is not good because most people have dogs. Do you ask them to put the dog away before you come to the house? Like Hugh I have learned that if I let the dog smell me in about 15 to 20 seconds the dog just goes away. I think they are just wanting to say hello and that is how they do it. The owners are always right there just in case. Good luck I hope it get better for you.

Reply by SReis on 12/11/12 8:54am
Msg #446120

Sorry this will prob sound harsh but...

I am so sick of ppl complaining about borrowers pets & kids. I feel like we are there for the BORROWERS convenience NOT ours. If you have issues w/kids & pets you should really think of another line of work. With that said I usually always make sure my dog is outside when ppl come over. She is a 90lb lab who loves to jump on ppl and I know most ppl don't appreciate that, lol! Borrowers should take the behavior of their pet & kids into consideration but we should also understand that it is the borrowers home who we are a guest in. Same thing with smoking. Although I hate it, I feel that it is borrowers home & if that is what they want to do I am not going to stop them. I know I am probably too accomodating but I have found things usually move quicker & smoother when the borrower is comfortable.

Reply by Laurie Barton on 12/11/12 9:34am
Msg #446132

Re: Sorry this will prob sound harsh but...

This isn't a debate about pitbulls although they ARE the most dangerous type out there - that aside not sure why my post has you so sick and tired of the complaints. But if a homeowner had a pet knowing that a stranger is coming into their house in which the homeowner set up for the appointment then they need to be sure that the pet is secured because ultimately they will be responsible if the dog attacks or bites. Most often I don't have a problem with dogs- I don't fear them I never stated that- its just a COMMON courtesy that they be put somewhere else then where the signing is being held.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 12/11/12 7:56pm
Msg #446242

I Like What Laurie Said!

It is very much a common courtesy that animals, regardless of whether they are scary pitbulls, or sweet and cuddly little puppies and kittens, should be put somewhere else when the signing is being held. Personally, I think children should be put somewhere else during the signing too. And don't even get me started on how I feel about those nasty cigarettes. We are there for business and all the commotion animals and children can cause could be very distracting....and cigarette smoke is just plain gross! Don't get me wrong....I love dogs and cats and I actually like it when they are at the signing because for some reason they make me feel at ease.....but not everybody feels that way. They always come and sit by me and want me to pet them.....and I usually do. I always talk sweet to them, am very slow with my hand movements, and I pet them under the table if they are nice ones. I have only had a few bad experiences with big, jumping, sniffing, growling, or scary dogs. I have never encountered a pit bull (don't care too either). I did have a little bit of a scary encounter with a boxer a few weeks ago. He growled at me. The owner got a little frightened and quickly shuffled him off to the bathroom. It was later disclosed that he had an ear infection and wasn't feeling well.

However, not everyone is an animal lover. Some people may be afraid of dogs, some people may have allergies. And regardless of how cute and smart your little three year old is......not everyone loves little kids. And if you cannot go 30 minutes without smoking a nasty cigarette and the smoke blowing in my face, you have a very serious problem.

This is why I feel that out of respect for any professional that is a guest in your home, you should put your pets up, children out of the room, and please put your cigarettes away for the brief time they are going to be there.

Reply by rolomia on 12/11/12 9:45pm
Msg #446249

Re: I Like What Laurie Said!

PegiT_MN,

My sentiments, exactly (You took the words right out of my mouth). I agree with every word of your post. By the way, I do love all children and animals. Also, I ask for the BO's permission before giving treats to their animals or stickers to their kids. If the BO's want to smoke, I ask that we conduct the signing near an open window. I'm not a smoker. And, second-hand smoke does harm one's health. I let the BO's know that I'm not a smoker during the confirmation call.

If they can respect me, I can respect them. If not, I turn back the assignment. If the BO's aren't forthcoming on said call, I call Title/SS when I arrive at closing table. I can be very accommodating. But, I will only tolerate so much. Yet, I still manage to stay busy. Go figure...

As an NSA who has conducted a number of hospital signings, as well as a pharmacy technician and licensed/ordained minister, I visit many hospitals on a regular business. Thus, I'm afforded many opportunities to attend various medical lectures and exhibits. I have seen lungs blackened by second-hand smoke.

I'm always amazed by how many people wrongly believe that second-hand smoke is harmless. Yet, I've met cancer patients sucking oxygen that were confined to a hospital bed while they awaited chemo/radiation treatments. It's not fun for them. The thing I love about hospital assignments is that they are no dogs or children present and no smoking allowed. Yet, they pay very well. More hospital signings, please.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/11/12 11:20am
Msg #446162

Not against OP - but I agree with SReis

"I feel like we are there for the BORROWERS convenience NOT ours. If you have issues w/kids & pets you should really think of another line of work."

I'm so customer service oriented that I cannot help but keep holding onto that old, silly, fuddy-duddy adage, "the customer is always right...."

We have choices...we can do something less people oriented.

Reply by sueharke on 12/11/12 2:59pm
Msg #446211

If I ever visit your house, please let the dog come up and get to know me. I'm sure he will love the dog biscuit that will be given if he treats me respectfully.

Reply by rolomia on 12/11/12 9:19pm
Msg #446247

While I respect a BO's right to manage the conduct of their children and pets as they see fit, I, too, also deserve respect. I will not choose another line of work just because one or more BO's may not like the fact that I want a document-signing environment that is comfortable and safe for both myself and the BO's.

I'm always amused by the BO-defending (aggressively-worded) commentary that some NSA's actually believe to be helpful or even welcome. Talk about being diluted! FYI: I'll direct my business how I see fit and it's nobody else's business how I do that (save for the comments posted here). If other people don't like that, oh, well. Call someone who cares.

I only care about the opinions of those NSA's who actually have something interesting to add to the discussion, such as wisdom-infused stories (experiences) to share, helpful advice, amusing anecdotes, etc. I enjoy reading this forum and am delighted by 99% of the comments I read. But, telling other NSA's that they should just tolerate disrespect from BO's??? No! That is where I draw the line.

For the record, aggressive dogs DO bite, even if trained not to. Ignoring them doesn't prevent their aggressive behavior. Fortunately, it has been my experience that divine design brings correction (sometimes strongly & swiftly) to those "people" who think that their ways are right or that their advice is gospel. Unfortunately, I always hear about it second-hand. I'm never witness to it. But, I am glad that people eventually learn wisdom, even if learned thru lessons of hardship.

As far as children go, if their uncontrolled behavior interferes with the signing appointment such that I cannot complete same in a reasonable time, I excuse myself from the signing table & call title/SS for advice. The few times it has happened, I received an additional $25. In one instance, the LO was called by Title to advise them of the situation. Title advised me to inform the BO's that their LO would be calling them shortly. 5 mins. later, BO's get a phone call. I didn't hear what was said. But, the BO's put a movie on in another room, said something to their children, came back to the signing table (apologizing profusely) and I was out of there with signed docs. within another 20 mins. JMHO

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 12/11/12 9:01am
Msg #446121

I love animals, and consider other people's pets to be my personal job perk - but I can appreciate how awful it is to be afraid. I think fear is a pretty universal trigger for human compassion - as opposed to saying to a dog owner that you don't like dogs, which would have the opposite effect! lol

It's a tough job to be in if you're afraid of something you'll find in nearly 40% of the homes you'll be in, but that fact aside - I would think telling a borrower in an honest way that you're "afraid of dogs, no matter how unjustified that might be with your Fluffbutt..." would be more apt bring on the compassion without raising any 'defense' of their own pet by ignoring your fear.

Everyone's experienced fear, we all know how impossible it can be to just talk ourselves out of it. Particularly with animals, because they won't be buying whatever story we tell ourselves.

Reply by Julie/MI on 12/11/12 9:21am
Msg #446125

I agree and pits are the worst, sterotypes exist for a reason. Smile
Those dogs heads and jaws are about the most powerful in any dog breed and I don't care about the dog's nor the owners' feelings. I don't care if they were raised and nursed by an alpha human they are vile animals. Ever read the daily news and see another child killed by the friendly raised nicely from puppyhood dog that breaks it's chain and attacks????

Animals are animals and even when one obtains homeowners insurance, one of the questions is whether or not one owns a dog as they ARE a liability.

When I was pregnant last year, I told the people to put their dog away. And I think I"m ready to get out my old maternity tops and play the pregnant card again, because I'm tired of the dogs too or the cats with cat littler swinging off their asses in clumps as they walk across the table.

Where are the what if thinkers when I need them? Wink

Reply by Laurie Barton on 12/11/12 9:36am
Msg #446133

Well said Julie! Haha I totally agree! I love dogs but not pits

Reply by HisHughness on 12/11/12 9:37am
Msg #446134

Pictures that stay with you

*** cats with cat littler swinging off their asses in clumps as they walk across the table.***

Reply by janCA on 12/11/12 9:47am
Msg #446136

I won't beat this horse to death, BUT, if there are feelings of animosity or fear toward a dog, they sense it, no matter the breed.

I picked up a pit bull a few years ago from a very busy street. He had been beaten and had bloody cut marks all over him. He was shaking and scared. I put him in the back seat of my car and took him to the animal shelter. I would have taken him home but I had dogs and he needed attention. I don't know what happened to him, possibly put down, but rather that, than being hit by a car and left for dead on the side of the road.

I hadn't heard that about Ceasar Milan, I know he went through a divorce and had heard his show was being cancelled. He has brought great knowledge and insight to the public about what makes canines behave the way they do.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/11/12 9:55am
Msg #446140

When I bought my home in 2007, one of the queries on my HO insurance policy application was, what kind of dog would be residing on the property with me. Do I have a trampoline? I didn't have a dog then, so no issue, but Pit Bulls were one of the breeds, along with Rottweilers, German Shepherds and one other breed, I don't recall at the moment, were strictly prohibited.

I know of a lady in Ojai, CA whose son who OD'd on drugs, left a pitbull behind, and when she went to pick up a pillow, the pitbull malled her. The dog was destroyed. She has gone through dozens of reconstructive surgeries and has a long way to go. Animal Control said the dog was probably grieving over the boy's death/absence. STILL!

That being said, I wonder how other homeowners are allowed to have these dogs under their HO insurance policy. Is this is a CA thing, and I have 40 acres for dogs to roam on, they are not in the house, and they are white labradors who will do little for security but are great friends and company.

I dislike that borrowers don't control their dogs and they are permitted to jump up on you and sniff you out unchecked by their owners.

Cats, well I visited four of the most well behaved adult cats last night in a home. I have cats too. They are respectful, but there are always the exceptions.

SMOKING! Big nono in my book. Hate it. People with so little regard for their own health, let alone ours. Pretty much in Santa Barbara county, smoking is not tolerated in public places, parking lots, restaurants, bars, gotta take it to the alley.

Smokers wreek, and the nicotine aroma lingers long after they vacate space. Pretty offensive to non smokers. Never been a smoker, don't think I could handle the stench or what it does to every cell in our bodies.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 12/11/12 11:02am
Msg #446153

I go into many homes where the bo's have pets, both dogs and cats. I'm not afraid so I really don't give it a second thought. Animals sense fear, so the simple solution would be to simply ask the bo's to please put the dog or cat in another room because you are afraid. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Now, to comment on the bad pit bull and rottweiler comments. I have owned two rottweilers, the first died of cancer. She was the best dog ever. Everyone in town new and loved her. She did her job when it came to watching my house and my kids. She never bit or hurt anyone. My second rottweiler is now 11 years old and she's the biggest mushy baby ever. We just got a pit bull puppy. I, too, thought they were not a good breed. My niece and brother-in-law both have pits and they are afraid of everything. Guess what, so is ours. It's hysterical that a dog with such a bad reputation is afraid of her own shadow.

I honestly believe that it's the way you raise them. It's not in their blood to be aggressive. BTW, when I went to get HO Insurance, rottweilers were ok to have but St. Bernard's were not. I'm guessing the reason for that was because many years ago a St. Bernard attacked and mauled a little boy. The dog was euthanized and upon autopsy results, they found a pencil shoved in the dogs ear. The little boy shoved the pencil in the dogs ear, so if someone shoved a pencil in your ear, what would you do?

Reply by ArtG/KS on 12/11/12 11:16am
Msg #446160

I do insurance inspections. Call an agent of any major company and they will give the breed list of undesired dogs. I have personally been trained to deal with aggressive dogs by a PHD animal behaviorist and thus far have not been bitten. Presa Canario is considered worse than a pit bull and there are several breeds (around 9) on that list.

As for the way they are raised, not always an indicator either. A pit bull cared for by its owner for 7 years suddenly turner on her. She ran into the bedroom and that dog pursued by chewing its way through the wooden door. She was able to take refuge in the steel and glass walled shower stall and used her cell phone to call for help. The dog was never seen to be abused by its owner either.

That said, most dogs are fairly easy to deal with and I meet strange canines every day.
One was a mix of English Mastiff and Great Pyrenees and weighed in at 210 lbs. It wanted to play and nearly knocked me down twice. I asked the homeowner if they had a football uniform for that dog.

My daughter works for a humane society shelter in another county and deals with all this all the time too.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/11/12 11:31am
Msg #446171

***It's not in their blood to be aggressive***

Pit bulls are called pit bulls because many were bred for dogfighting, which is done in pits. The original purpose of the breed was to serve as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs. Anyone who has ever seen an angry wild hog will understand that a high degree of aggression is required to herd semi-wild hogs.

It very much is in their blood.

The stories of pit bull attacks that I have seen seem to fall into two categories.

The first is the owner who has one or more aggressive pit bulls, apparently as a sop to his/her excess testosterone level. The dogs are known to be aggressive, and the story finally culminates with an often fatal mauling of a neighbor/child/lettercarrier/notary signing agent, at which point the dog or dogs is put down.

The second is the family pet which is the biggest mushy baby ever until it finally turns on the toddler and rips the baby's throat out.

Other than those two types of put bulls, I don't have a problem with the breed.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/11/12 12:57pm
Msg #446190

I don't have a dog in this fight but.....

as W. C. Fields commented: "Anyone who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad".

Just sayin'.....

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/11/12 11:33am
Msg #446172

I'm in agreement with the people who said if you have

fears of dogs and/or other things, this is not the business for you - or you need to strictly control your environment. We're in the public all the time and public stuff happens, including pets and kids.

Now, mind you, I still stand by my statement previously that I would not tolerate any child kicking, punching or biting me. There are limits.

JMO

Reply by CJ on 12/11/12 11:38am
Msg #446173

I actually encountered a vicious Labrador once.

It did not look like a mixed breed. The lab was in the fenced front yard, barking, snarling, growling and bearing its teeth. Yikes! He meant business. Mrs. Borrower came out to let me in. I was sincerely afraid. I grabbed her hand and asked her to tell the dog that I was her sister. She did not pooh-pooh my fears, but she held my hand securely and got me in safely.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 12/11/12 11:41am
Msg #446176

Dogs:

One other rare breed I dont like and its a small breed at that, is a Schipperke. Pronounced "skipper-kee." They are so aggressive, and they are not much larger than a chihuahua, they would attack an elephant if they were near one. Their aggressiveness supercedes any common sense that a dog might have. Ive only seen one of those that was half way friendly.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/11/12 12:23pm
Msg #446185

Brenda, I did not mean to

be a smart a**. I adore Milan and his show but if you read the article, part of the reason he did it was a divorce and losing big daddy, his pit. i have a huge healthy fear of pits and my point is i find many bos' show off with their animals, i just don't get it. one woman just about cried at a signing as i wouldn't feed treats to her dog that wouldn't leave my butt alone. just common sense and courtesy, please.

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/11/12 1:11pm
Msg #446191

Re: Brenda, I did not mean to

I would have handed her one of the kleenex that I keep in my briefcase because I would not have fed her pet! We are there for signings, not a freakin petting zoo! I would hope that I don't lose too many jobs, because I will not be petting animals or snot nose kids! I have my own children and pets to entertain me! I know how to politely excuse myself! I heard a saying once that said, "pets and kids are like flatulence, you can stand your own!" I agree!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/11/12 7:06pm
Msg #446231

Re: Brenda, I did not mean to

I didn't think you were being a smart @$$. Not what I said.

The world is full of rude people and those without common sense and courtesy. Being with a nutty dog or child that threatens the safety of a signing agent is one thing. Being annoyed by rudeness, whiny kids and unruly dogs in borrowers' homes is another. Heck, just leave.

The frustration that I see here is interesting.

Signing agents provide a service that is carried out in a home. Borrowers probably were not given a choice to go to an office in the middle of the day and leave the bratty dogs/kids behind. They were told that a signing agent would come to them. No choice. It's a good thing. Lots of borrowers don't want people in their homes because they know they have bratty kids and humping dogs, stinking garbage, cluttered living rooms, etc. Yet, signing agents are so dismayed by the conditions and logged complaints and strong emotions about these things daily. I cannot figure out why. It is because of those homes that signing agents have assignments.

That's my view. But, again, I am a customer service kind of gal. It's not personal to me if my client base is rude. Took me a lot of time to grow to this point, but when I am never going to see someone again, what do I care if they are solid gold jerks? Actually, I think that a jerk is more concerned because we do not respond to them than if we let them upset or fluster us.

Reply by rolomia on 12/11/12 10:00pm
Msg #446250

Re: I'm in agreement with the people who said if you have

I guarantee you that the BO's lender wouldn't allow dogs or children (or smoking) at their (said LO's) office. If others choose to accept such behavior, that is their business and they have the right to conduct THEIR business as THEY see fit, just as I, too, also have said right. I'm busy enough that I can turn back orders from BO's who I know don't/won't respect me, based upon the confirmation call. And, if I only find this out once I get to the BO's location, I call Title/SS.

And, since much of my work is fixing other NSA's mistakes because said NSA's didn't know what they were doing, or, they cancelled at the last minute, my NSA business commands above-average fees. You might or might not be surprised by how many NSA's (not just newbies) are more concerned with money that accuracy). While I regret such incompetence b/c it makes NSA's look bad (in general), I don't regret the extra work.

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/11/12 12:35pm
Msg #446187

Re:I like dogs but always ask not to let them eat me. n/m

Reply by Mike Goodey on 12/11/12 1:55pm
Msg #446198

Because to the pet owner, they are just like their children...except their children don't sniff you or rub against you and leave dog hairs on you, don't pee on the carpet...o.k. maybe sometimes when they are small...or not!

Reply by ikando on 12/11/12 5:53pm
Msg #446226

I had to put in my 2 cents on the dog discussion. I've been bitten by dogs a few times in my life. The first time was by an English Bulldog at a neighbors when I was about 10, and all the kids were getting it excited by running around. He just overreacted in excitement, but at the time it was no fun.

Another time, as an adult, I was walking down the street and a neighbor's chihuahua ran into the street as I was passing by and bit my ankle. And on the chihuahua train, my own rescue chi is the most fierce of all the dogs I've owned, including a shepherd mix that people thought was part wolf (even though she wasn't). The chi is very protective, but when I won't let him get to the person he's protecting me from, he bites me.

I have volunteered with dog rescue groups and been around all kinds of dogs. I have learned to go with my gut when being around ANY dog. If you listen to your instincts, you can usually learn which to avoid and which are not going to be a problem.

And to the topic of pets and our signing assignments. If the borrower has animals, are those animals taken to the bank or title company if we were not offering a convenience by coming to their home? Probably not. Why? Because they are conducting business and animals are not part of that activity. I believe the same should be afforded us when we are bringing the documents to them. Animals and children are not a part of the business activity, and should be kept away from it.

JMO

Reply by CentralNY on 12/11/12 7:45pm
Msg #446235

my experience is that 90% of the owners have NO control of the pet and we could spend the whole time calming down and trying to control it. i just find it absurd that that is acceptable. the pretty ones that they dress up and photograph (can't pronounce it) was so high strung and they did put him up but he scratched the door the whole time and they checked on him way too many times. nuts!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.