Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary

Posted by MikeNot on 12/16/12 10:13am
Msg #446721

I get on this forum maybe once or twice a week and read the posts about all the problems you're having with Signing Companies, Escrow/Title, etc. Example: "I haven't rec'd docs" "No HUD" "Info the borrower has to fill in" "I haven't received payment!"

It goes on and on.... I average 45-50 signings per month ALL from Title Companies in my area that I have established a relationship with over the past 10 years by giving presentations and most important, TRAINING of how I need to have docs so we can all be on the same page and make sure of no mistakes. When I get the request for the signing I know the borrower has seen the HUD, NOTE and knows to have a copy of ID's ready for me. I can't remember when we had to try and get a hold of an LO for questions during the closing. I'm in & out in 30 minutes or less and that's with a brief explanation of each page.

I receive requests from LO's wanting me to do their closing because they know that I treat their borrowers professionally and I always have them mail a brief RATING form of my services to the escrow company.

I hope 2013 brings you all much success but you can't sit by the phone and wait for it to ring, you have to pound the pavements and build relationships!

Reply by OR on 12/16/12 10:50am
Msg #446725

Re: Posts--great post Mike thank you. n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 12/16/12 11:17am
Msg #446730

Most of my business comes from title companies and signing companies that are not in my area. While I do not have a problem with late docs, no docs, etc., you have made me realize that there is local business right here in my area that I am missing out on.

So thank you for this post today Mike. I plan on marketing to some of the local title companies and LO's in 2013 as well.

Here is hoping that your 2013 is successful as well.

Thanks again for your post today.

Reply by sheltn on 12/16/12 4:59pm
Msg #446749

Need to market more during slow weeks. thanks for the post.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/16/12 1:20pm
Msg #446742

We don't live on easy street that's for sure....it would be simple to just sit in your office, wait for the phone to ring, from these low ball, slow pay companies. Innovative to get out there and make alliances, partnerships with the movers, shakers and doers.

I don't know one title company who LOVES, LOVES, LOVES their ss to death, they'd rather have someone they know who is reliable, competent and professional. Simple as that.

Reply by ananotary on 12/16/12 2:52pm
Msg #446745

101Livescan- Best true statement I have seen in a long time! n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/17/12 12:32pm
Msg #446797

Spoken like a true veteran Cheryl! So very true :) n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/16/12 6:53pm
Msg #446754

<<<I get on this forum maybe once or twice a week and read the posts about all the problems you're having with Signing Companies, Escrow/Title, etc. Example: "I haven't rec'd docs" "No HUD" "Info the borrower has to fill in" "I haven't received payment!">>>

You are reading the whining and bellyaching (a.k.a. "venting") of NSAs that act like employees and do not act like a *business*. Scared to *charge* and set a fee schedule.....have to ask for permission to get compensation for services that should have been negotiated during the initial phone call. It is my opinion that they don't have the business acumen or wherewithall to say to themselves, "Okay, SELF.....I'm being offer a signing but the scheduler has no clue of who, what, when, where and why....THEREFORE, let me quote my fee that covers various services and make it crystal clear to the scheduler that the fee is commensurate with the job received, NOT the job discussed."

You have demonstrated how a business should act. Therein lies the difference.

Therein lies the difference, MikeNot......you've demonstrated how a business should act.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/16/12 7:41pm
Msg #446755

Excellent post Mike.
I started out doing signings ten years ago and they were always for local title companies back then. Over recent years more and more comes from out of area signing services that don't know the area, don't know the borrowers and all want to lowball me... sounds like you never got distracted by the SS side of the business.

Reply by MikeNot on 12/16/12 9:21pm
Msg #446761

I agree with LKT/CA comments as well when it comes to charging for your services. I have developed a reputation that escrow's and LO's know that I will get the job done right and therefore do not hesitate when I charge $150-$200 per closing. In no way am I bragging.... just hope it helps you.
I also never take my business for granted, when I don't have anything scheduled by 10am, I'm emailing all my escrow's asking for business. Communication and visibility is key in any business!!!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 12/17/12 3:40pm
Msg #446827

Mike, thanks for this post. It's so Positive (refreshing). I am "dieting" from sources - on and offline- of perpetual "screaming." Your comments were just what the "doctor ordered." I just may pop in more than once a week Smile

p.s. As for me, I've decided to use SS companies as "supplemental" business; so guess what I'll be doing in 2013? Getting out my Sketchers . . . Building relationships with TCs. My #1 focus will be working together with area notaries to create a network - trying to find a collaborative web presence where we can be found easily. Welcoming any suggestions.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/17/12 11:03pm
Msg #446878

Dare I say it? Please, do not slam me for this.

Use the Orange Search button. There, I said it.

NVLSlady - there are some posts archived here talking about networking and a few of the networks have divulged tips and hints on how to do just what you wish to achieve. I would start there. Posts by those who are in networks have lots to read and retain so have your note pad handy to jot down Msg #'s you will want to print. CA, OH, TX, FL, MI are some states with networks...look for those postings.

Have fun learning all about it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.