Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Price for signing lower than documents? What would you do?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by sblk on 12/8/12 2:44am
Msg #445882

I've noticed that a few times now.. they quote me a price they are to pay me.. say $100.00 but the fee on the documents says $175.00.

What do you all do about that if anything? I'm curious how I'm to handle that.

Tonight after noticing that the price was $70 different in thier favor I, researched the company and found an abundance of negative reviews prompting me to cancel the signing. This bothered me because I hate not following through but between the reviews, the distance, and the price difference I felt it was in my best interest to cancel.

What would you do?

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 12/8/12 4:14am
Msg #445884

you're missing details, but I'll take a guess at it

What I assume is that you're referring to a fee on the HUD being more than what you're contracted for? Unless the HUD shows your own business/name, it isn't necessarily your fee that's being shown. It could be the fee of a Signing Service (if there is one being used), or it could be a compiled fee for your services and other in-house services. It could, in fact, be a fee for things entirely separate from your services, and your payment might be paid out of operating funds instead of escrow funds.

Depends on the line item description on the HUD, if that is actually what you're referring to.

Reply by Ray Hartley on 12/8/12 6:02am
Msg #445889

Some companies paya fee to notorize the docs and another fee to print E docs and another fee for miles... open communication will get you the answer. Speak up. There are lots of folks that point a finger at others due to the pain of pointing the finger at themselves. Think it out, and good luck...

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/8/12 6:06am
Msg #445891

Agree w/Renee on all and adding that if you agreed to what they offered, what's your problem? Point being, YOU set your fees. Now, an abundance of negative reviews is a good reason to turn it back promptly--which should have been done prior to receiving docs (if I'm understanding your original post).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.