Notary Rotary
RE: Nations Signature Closers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Gloria Delfin on 12/11/12 7:19pm
Msg #446232

Just got a call from Nations Signature Closers for a signing 28 miles one way offered to pay me $110 due to package was large I asked how large had no idea, I said I would do it , when they sent me the docs it was 240 pages plus I also had to print borrowers copy, so I called and email them I would have to refuse for that fee, got an email letting me know I would be removed from their system because I was leaving borrowers in a bad position, I am sure they can find someone else to do it for that fee, but for me that fee too low.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/11/12 7:48pm
Msg #446236

I'm with you & wouldn't print a pkg. that large for that fee. Problem is that these cos. are bidding work, and expect us to suck it up. There's no point in losing money. We have equipment to maintain, paper costs, toner carts, etc.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 12/11/12 9:41pm
Msg #446248

Are you sure the package wasn't both

the lenders and the borrower's copies all in one package. I've had several that size and that is why they appear to be that big.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/11/12 7:53pm
Msg #446239

Fee Schedule.

<<<....offered to pay me $110 due to package was large I asked how large had no idea, I said I would do it.....>>>

I would not have accepted the fee with no info, waited to see what came, and then called back to renegotiate. The initial phone call is where the negotiation takes place. When the hiring party has no information regarding the details of a loan signing package, then it's wise for the NSA to then clarify the services that a $110 signing fee warrants. If I were you, I would have told the scheduler that $110 fee gets the following services: X travel distance, no fax backs, 2 signers, and X total pages in the loan package. A package above X pages, add $25. More pages above that, add another $25. Add $25 for fax backs and $25 for travel distance beyond X miles. That's what a fee schedule is and every NSA should have one.......and QUOTE one. JMHO

Reply by Jennifer Jackson on 12/12/12 9:15am
Msg #446289

I think I had them too. They wanted me to print 3 copies. I thought that 2 were for the borrowers, but they wanted 2 sets executed and sent to 2 different places, and one set left for the borrower for $100. When I realized it, I pulled out. They took me out their systems as well, but why do they think we would do 2 hours of work for $100???

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/12/12 1:13pm
Msg #446316

NSC is the worst, surprised folks still answer their calls n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 12/21/12 3:03am
Msg #447341

I removed them from MY acceptable list

NSC called me 11-23-12 (Friday) around 8:30pm for a 2:00PM Sat closing. They had met my fees and paid as agreed in the past and since they accepted my fee of $160 for this local signing with "docs ready", I accepted the request.

Sat morning came and no docs were received. I called .. no answer and no return calls from them. THEY left the signer and myself in a "bad position". They would not, and to date have not, respond to any emails regarding the signing request that THEY called me for.

Obviously, common courtesy is NOT part of their company policy any longer. I have removed Nations Signature Closers, Inc. from my list of acceptable companies to accept signing requests.

Reply by Hattie on 1/22/13 11:43am
Msg #451513

Re: I removed them from MY acceptable list

They are rude and liars. I don't need their work anymore. They thought the notary is their slave. Never going to work for them.

Reply by laurielnc on 2/9/13 6:54am
Msg #454949

Re: I removed them from MY acceptable list

I use to work for them but fee was always 10.00 short or too many docs. Very unprofessional.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.