Notary Rotary
Retail Closing (Chase via Servicelink)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by leeinla on 12/21/12 11:37pm
Msg #447458

Just did a Chase investment loan. The borrower was in her 70's and super sweet. The lady was patient and very nice. The loan officer was younger than me and a little antsy. These things take time not because I am incompetent, I just want to do a great job. It takes more time because the loan package was 120 pages and I got to attach extra certificates. I am usually in a good mood because I really enjoy being a signing agent and you meet all kinds of people (98% nice), but how do you guys deal with these annoying, antsy, loan officers?

Reply by pan/nd on 12/21/12 11:52pm
Msg #447459

Simple.....ignore 'em and do your job..let 'em stew n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 12/22/12 5:44am
Msg #447475

Send them out to get you some water, copy of license...

and ignore their behavior. I believe the BO sets the pace.

Reply by Jack/AL on 12/22/12 1:53pm
Msg #447536

Re: Send them out to get you some water, copy of license...

Since the LO really does not normally do anything dealing with the signing, while the borrowers and I are there, I normally say something like, "If you have something else that you need to be doing, please feel free to do so. We'll let you know if we have questions or need any help, and will let you know when we've finished and are ready to leave." They seem to appreciate that, and most often excuse themselves. That keeps them in good stead with the borrowers, and hopefully gives the LO a good out, without feeling that they've abandoned the borrowers. Works for me..........

Reply by John/KY on 12/27/12 4:33pm
Msg #447920

Re: Send them out to get you some water, copy of license...

I always placate them by saying something in front of them to the borrower like "you'll be glad you're a customer of [Chase, Wells etc] as they seem to have the friendliest, most patient and helpful staff." Usually shuts them up!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.