Notary Rotary
Service Link sent me an email that my fees are
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 12/26/12 2:52pm
Msg #447805

out of line with my area. I charge $XXX and they think my fees should be $XX. I haven't gotton much from them so I replied that $XXX is my rate and if I can help them please call. Do you think there is any truth to their email or are they just trying to get a lower fee?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/26/12 2:55pm
Msg #447806

IMO, it doesn't really matter what they think.

You make the decision about what is acceptable to you!

Reply by CentralNY on 12/26/12 2:59pm
Msg #447810

Re: IMO, it doesn't really matter what they think.

i think some of you WA people discussed this previously. i have not been asked yet but it must be that someone in your area is doing them for $xx. these notaries must call vendor management and say i will do them for $xx in all these areas if you give them all to me. just guessing.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 12/26/12 3:23pm
Msg #447816

Hold your ground, and your business plan. I raised prices

every year for almost decade. New Year, new budget.

What they think will balance my budget doesn't matter a whit. We all have bottom lines, and work like the dickens not to fall below them. My margins (business costs vs profit vs living expenses) didn't change much each year, but had I not raised my prices reasonably, it just wouldn't have worked out; it's a three legged stool. And, too, I'm in a rural coastal area - your mileage may vary.

Still, $25 (or whatever) bucks to us = a huge percentage of a job - but to a SS, times that $25 by number of jobs they complete = $a bundle. (I learned early to get FEE confirmed on Confirmation, it saves a lot of hassle with unknown SSs.)

They're lowballing, while we're trying to stay afloat.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/26/12 3:29pm
Msg #447817

Re: Hold your ground, and your business plan. I raised prices

I am still raising prices, and just won't drop to meet those who definitly do not have my best interests at heart. When they say, "jump", I do not ask, "how high." If our budgets do not match, we part ways.

There is no reason to believe what they say just because they say it. The old axiom "Buyers are liars" holds true when they are attempting to buy my services.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/26/12 4:09pm
Msg #447820

I agree with what the others say - stick to your guns.

This is like the phone calls where the scheduler tries to get you to take less by saying there are plenty of other notaries in your area who charge less than you do. OK, so why are you calling me? Call one of them. And if you can't find anyone to do the job, call me back; my fee is $XXX.

Reply by Frank/NC on 12/26/12 5:18pm
Msg #447829

You determine what your fees are going to be and then decide if an account is worth it to you if they ask you to cut them. My personal feeling is that as a business person, you set your fees and then live by those numbers. We have a lot of people in this field who accept low fees because they don't completely understand the true cost of doing business and making a profit from it. Many companies will offer fees as low as they can get someone to take them.

Reply by Gilda Murray on 12/26/12 7:02pm
Msg #447834

I signed on with another Title Company due to Servicelinks issues" scouting around" for Low ballers. I stuck to my $xxx fees so if I get another call from them fine, if not great! I'm a happy camper Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.