Notary Rotary
Servicelink
Notary Discussion History

Servicelink
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Lavergne Manuel on 12/6/12 8:09am
Msg #445682

Servicelink

I have been working for Servicelink for 11 years and I usually end the year receiving more pay from them and their other companies than anyone else. Now and then I get an email telling me for them to work me full time I have to do this or that. Yesterday I got an email telling me for them to work me full time that they need another fee schedule.

The reason being that they noticed that I am charging $25.00 for e-docs and they are only paying $15.00 for edocs. So I made a new few schedule. I raised my fee $10.00 to $15.00 to replace the $10.00 drop in Print fee.

We've gone through this before. I live in a rural area and as far as I can tell the nearest Signing Agent is 26 miles away east of me, 40 miles north of me and I don't know about South or West but there is no one near. They will get in a bind and start paying my fee again unless they can find some Rookie who will work for a lower fee and then realize they are not making any money.

This has happened several times in the past and they have always started using me again.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/6/12 8:48am
Msg #445684

if you want to know if they are making any money...

check out whats on the final Hud...then do your fee adjustments if you must.

But I suggest you stick to YOUR original fee.

If you are that rural, they will pay you. Don't worry about a rookie taking on lower paying jobs. This will eventually happen, that's a reality. BUT, it won't last long, trust me when I say this.

I've been in this business for 5 years. In an area, that is NOW very saturated with NSA's. The one thing I have up on my competition, is very simple. I pick up the phone!

You should be just fine if you stick to you guns. But don't rely too heavily on just one national SS...there are definitely better paying title companies, smaller ones as well as law firms in your area that you can and should reach out to...send them you business card. Send them an e-card. You MUST market your business on a daily business to get ahead of your competition and future competition.

Just my .02...good luck Lavergne!

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/6/12 9:22am
Msg #445686

Absolutely stick to your fees. Same story here and they have tried (in the past) to get me to lower
my fees...now they just pay me what I want.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/6/12 9:43am
Msg #445687

Same Thing Here n/m

Reply by Patricia Koch on 12/6/12 10:30am
Msg #445690

Re: Same Thing Here

I was recently dropped by ServiceLink, but for no reason. Have tried to call but cannot
get a call back. They have been bringing in someone 40 miles away and I live 6 Don't understand

Reply by ME/NJ on 12/6/12 10:43am
Msg #445692

Re: Same Thing Here

Could be any of a number of things. Found someone with lower rate, SL in past had three strike rule and maybe you got one? (they give you a time out for a couple of weeks on first) You won't now till you talk with them.

As for fee's there are so many notaries that will work for so little in my area so SL is not worth it. It has been 6-7 years since my last signing with them.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/6/12 12:19pm
Msg #445713

Patricia whats to understand...they found a low baller... n/m

Reply by A S Johnson on 12/6/12 10:51am
Msg #445694

You need to understand this.
You are an independent contractor, and in NO way will you be considered "full time" for them or anyone else.
If they find someone who work for a cheaper fee, no matter how far away, they will drop you like a "hot potato". Really, how can you tell you are "full time"? No way to know what calls you are getting.
But, if you want to go on with this idea, so be it, but you will be back on this for complaining about how they have treated you.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/6/12 11:01am
Msg #445700

i have been doing a lot of boa loan mods? but for other loans they give me my fee and don't quibble and pay more for fax backs, who knows, i'm not complaining, could change tomorrow.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 12/6/12 12:28pm
Msg #445716

I have been doing this for 11 years and this is not the first time they have tried this. They have always come back and paid my fee. Christmas eve I will be 79 years old and I am starting to slow down and it probably won't be long before I need to get off of the road, so if they call me or not, no big deal.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/6/12 1:26pm
Msg #445719

Great job, Lavergne!

79 yrs young and still working at this! I'm impressed!! Keep it going as long as you can, Lavergne.

Insofar as ServiceLink, keep to your fees. They pay.

Happy early Birthday!

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 12/6/12 2:22pm
Msg #445727

Re: Great job, Lavergne!

Thank you Yoli/CA

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 12/6/12 5:00pm
Msg #445746

WELL A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LAVERGNE...in case I forget! n/m

Reply by CentralNY on 12/6/12 5:26pm
Msg #445749

Lavernge, you don't look a day over 78 and a harf.....

just kidding. some of my lineage is french canadian and they work till they die and i wouldn't have it any other way. remember, "it's not how you feel on the inside, it's how you look on the outside". (Billy Crystal some circa Saturday Night Live, my heros). Vive la Lavergne!!

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 12/6/12 9:21pm
Msg #445760

Re: Lavernge, you don't look a day over 78 and a harf.....

Thanks to all of you for the Happy Birthday and my son has the same birthday as me and he will be 41.

Growing old is a process, but being old is an option.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.