Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Suggestion box idea: member-recommended favorites tab above.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by rolomia on 12/5/12 2:05am
Msg #445577

If a separate (moderated) page could be added that members can submit their favorite websites/tools to, with "Like" & "Unlike" buttons (such as those that appear on some popular social media sites), members could vote on the websites & tools, et. al. submitted by fellow forum members. After one week, those sites with the most "Like" votes could remain & those with the least likes or most "Dislikes" or "Unlikes" (or whatever you want to call them) could be deleted. I would even be willing to volunteer a few hours each week to moderate said page to remove SPAM, as I'm sure their would be some of that, too (unfortunately). However, it would also be useful (to me, anyway) if I could read positive reviews about websites/tools/et. al. found to be useful by said fellow forum members. Who knows...said websites/tools may also help me with my notary signing business. JMHO

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/5/12 6:52am
Msg #445582

No changes. This is the best forum that has ever been established for notaries.

Reply by A S Johnson on 12/5/12 10:33am
Msg #445597

No!
Please do not add this type of thing. Mainly, who is going to be the moderator, there are so many things which differ from state to state and area to area in a state. Just look at the dicussion of companies. I get a base fee of $75, printing $35, in Texas a HELOC must be done in an office which in my are at a fee of $25 plus and other extras. Some start at $150. Some will accept $75 for printing and signing.
Who is say what is right?

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 12/5/12 1:04pm
Msg #445617

This is a discussion forum/not a social network like

Facebook.
I say no.

Reply by ToniK on 12/5/12 10:03am
Msg #445594

eh no thanks n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/5/12 2:53pm
Msg #445629

I think what we have now is sufficient. But I like the idea of people sharing new tech ideas or other business process or organizational ideas. (Thank you, Brenda and others! Wink) All those posts become searchable. What I might suggest to make it easier is that maybe we could come up with some more generic types of subject line comments. For example, maybe we could start technology related posts with "tech:", etc. I think the g/b/u designation has worked very well when posting questions about potential clients. There are probably several others people could come up with that might also be useful.

I think what makes searching more difficult sometimes is that there's no consistency in wording used so i's tough to know what phrases to search for. What we put in the subject line can make a big, big difference in how easy or hard it is to find something we're looking for when searching. There's no way we can try to control that, imo. But it's something we can keep in mind - just like putting the name of a company in the subject line when we're posting about them.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 12/6/12 11:03am
Msg #445701

Subject Line

<<we put in the subject line can make a big, big difference>> YES!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 12/6/12 11:01am
Msg #445699

I think in theory, idea is good (just not so much the plan/logistics); the coffee site has a separate discussion forum for technology and tip sharing.

As for what goes on here and other social media: lots of overlap, similarity. A little "moderation" might be welcome.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.