Notary Rotary
Traggic events this week
Notary Discussion History

Traggic events this week
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by wv/or on 12/15/12 8:28am
Msg #446611

Traggic events this week

I am so saddened with all the traggic events this week. Then I was thinking that there are so many sick people in this world, and wondering what will happen next. What can I do to not let this happen again. I could home school, but the sick people are all over. This could of happened anywhere, and I don't want to shelter my kids from life. So what can we all do to make a difference for the future. I think we should start a love movement. First, love your kids and make sure everyday they know you love them. I don't think you can say I love you enough. Next, get to know your neighbors. Talk to them more on a personal level. Talk to people you meet in your community that you run into. If you can volunteer, make a positive impact in their lives. You may be the only positive person that they meet, and I would think that may make a difference. We all need to make a difference in this world and it starts at home.

Next thing is guns. If you have guns, please lock them up. If you know someone who has guns that are not locked up, please ask them to lock them up. If you have to, report them to the police. If you can't afford to lock them up, then you should not have a gun.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/15/12 9:02am
Msg #446615

We are a nation of strangers. All kinds of wacky things are going on. People are desperate. Hungry, unemployed, self medicated, manic. I remember in high school taking psychology. Our Instructor said, look at the person on your right and on your left. One of you will have some sort of mental problem in your lifetime.

Hmmm...holding on to our faith and keeping love in our hearts is a good start. Teaching our children respect and self-discipline, my family was poor while I grew up. But we had some good, strong basic beliefs, revered God and loved our parents, they did the best they could. Not everyone has a strong foundation. It is difficult to know what people will do, like this Connecticut person. How do you take aim at children? I don''t understand.

It's terribly sobering to try to grasp the enormity of this horrible event. Dear God, please watch over all of us and give us the strength and wisdom to deal with the aftermath, and please watch over all those parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and the community who are trying to cope. My prayers, thoughts and heart are with everyone of them. I just can't imagine how they will manage, but somehow they will. It is scarring for life. So barbaric for these progressive times.

Yesterday a man was restrained in the parking lot of Whole Foods, as I walked over to grab some lunch. He was on meth, he was arrested and taken to an overcrowded jail facility. Many people in the world need help, not enough look to God but reach out to the dark side.

Reply by sueharke on 12/15/12 11:48am
Msg #446633

I am an agnostic (I believe in a supreme being, but not an organized religion). My question is how do think the lack of religion by athiests is affecting this country? So many Christian events at schools and other locations are being prevented. Does anyone think this is part of the problem our country is having, considering the recent events in CT?

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/15/12 11:01am
Msg #446623

I too am saddened by all these senseless shootings, but you are mistaken in blaming the guns. Over the last 50 years the liberals in our society have forced us to close mental institutions, release violent offenders and permit depraved television programming to the point that we have people capable of doing such things running around loose. Now they all want to blame the guns and make things worse by making me defenseless! Enough!

A better option is to teach children how to use and respect firearms and raise them with discipline. Growing up on a farm our guns were never locked up and most of mine aren't locked up either. As far as affording locks, sure I can afford locks, but what good is a locked up gun at 3am when someone is breaking down the door? Or when I spot that groundhog out in the yard destroying my lawn?

Reply by HisHughness on 12/15/12 11:22am
Msg #446628

Once again, this belongs in Just Politics

But, one can hardly expect someone who so casually would pass off the murder of 20 children to abide by the simple rules of an Internet forum.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/15/12 11:30am
Msg #446630

Re: Once again, this belongs in Just Politics

Hugh, I do seem to recall you making just as many transgressions. And of course you pick on my reply to a post that also doesn't belong in this forum... like everything else you seem to say. If the post is here, I'll reply to it here untill it's moved to where it belongs.

Reply by sueharke on 12/15/12 11:49am
Msg #446635

CA does not allow shooting the groundhog destroying the lawn. Otherwise, I agree with everything you wrote.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.