Notary Rotary
When a She is really a He and they were married and
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 12/21/12 2:55pm
Msg #447403

had children together then divorced but now re-married as 2 She's. Confused yet? LOL I sure was but didn't ask any questions. They had to fill out a statement of information and both of them were so confused on what to put down as former marriages. LOL They kept looking at me and I just kept saying, fill it out to the best of your knowledge. I wanted to bust out laughing, but kept it under control. I think the one She filled it out right, but the HE/She did not. Not my problem.
When I saw the QCD in the pkg with the She FKA a man's name, I was kind of nervous about this. I talked to my husband about it and he said he knows exactly who that is and he used to be a cop in town when my husband was a fireman. He said he's always been a pretty boy, as he called it. We also know his daughter, but I had never met him before. Then when I get to the signing, the regular she is in her dirty, dingy housecoat and the HE/She had long grey blonde hair that he/she kept swinging around and makeup and jeans. Such manly hands. He/She recognized my last name and asked who my husband was. He/She remembers him also. It kind of broke the ice, but it was still a very weird situation. They talked about their grandkids coming to make cookies, I guess with 2 grandmas and one used to be grandpa. Glad that one is over and I hope I never get another one like that again. No wonder our world is screwed up.

Reply by HisHughness on 12/21/12 3:33pm
Msg #447407

There is an undercurrent, not just of amusement ...

... at the unusual situation, but of snideness and ridicule. That's unfortunate. Some people were not born with all the building blocks in the right place. They didn't choose to be born that way, and if our advanced knowledge can help them put things right, then we should be thankful the avenue is available to them. The alternative is a lifetime of unhappiness. I don't see that as a preferable option.

This is very much an instance in which some understanding and simple human compassion are indicated.

Reply by Linda Spanski on 12/21/12 3:53pm
Msg #447412

Please have a little compassion, Linda

People's genetic makeup varies from ultra-masculine to Miss Scarletts swooning with most of us falling somewhere short of either extreme. We don't have the option to select our genes.

Would a paraplegic have surgery that would fix his body? Would someone get a facelift so they'd feel better looking in a mirror? If someone chooses surgery to get the body they long for, who are we to say it's wrong?

Your post tells me more about who you are than the person you're describing. We're all human beings, after all.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/21/12 4:12pm
Msg #447415

I think that both of you are failing to understand how

uncomfortable LJ was during this signing. She was at a loss of what to say, do or even respond to their queries about how to fill out the SI. I did not see any ridicule or condemnation in her post.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 12/21/12 5:16pm
Msg #447423

A signer is a signer....is a signer...we are to be impartial n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 12/21/12 6:06pm
Msg #447429

Re: I think that both of you are failing to understand how

*** I did not see any ridicule or condemnation in her post.***

See the last sentence: "No wonder our world is screwed up."

Reply by PJM/MI on 12/21/12 8:31pm
Msg #447439

Agree with jba/fl n/m

Reply by emilysigns on 12/22/12 12:35pm
Msg #447522

Linda Spanski!!!

Aw... you certainly don't remember me, but I remember you from my escrow days.

You're awesome and so nice to work with. Thanks for always making my job so easy back then.

It's nice that I get to interact with some you now that I'm out on my own.

(Emily Peters--was Emily Breitigan back then.)

Reply by 1Notary1 on 12/21/12 5:21pm
Msg #447424

I don't think you should be posting such things on here n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 12/21/12 9:56pm
Msg #447449

I was thinking the same thing.

As much as we like to be able to come here to Notary Rotary at the end of a long day of signings and talk with our notary family about the day's events......we have to remember that some of this stuff really should remain confidential.

What if a friend of a friend of a neighbor of a cousin of a co-worker reads that post and it gets back to them that a notary was talking about them on a public forum. Now everyone and their mama knows these people's business.....including the fact that she used to be a man and that they refinanced their home (which some people are very private about that). We just put their private business out on the streets. It is a very small world folks and you never know who may know who.

As far as the actual closing goes and Linda's feelings of discomfort being around this couple.......she is entitled to feel that way. It's not everyday you run into that situation where you have a couple that were married to each other, then divorced each other, then the husband has a sex change operation, then they remarry each other and live together as two women. The whole thing sounds a little screwed up to me too. I am quite sure a lot of people would feel uncomfortable. I would probably feel a little uncomfortable. I mean.....let's face it......it's not everyday you encounter a situation like this. As far as her statement goes about the world being screwed up.......well maybe not the most politically correct thing to say......but Linda is entitled to her opinon......and if she feels that way.....who are we to judge her? No offense or anything, but I think people take things too literally on here.

And finally to Linda. I am glad you were able to make it through the closing and I am quite sure you were a professional about it.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/21/12 11:16pm
Msg #447453

Re: I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks Julie and Peg for being so nice. Yes, it was a very uncomfortable situation and what made it more uncomfortable is that I know his daughter and my husband used to know Him, before he changed to a She.

I am not a prude when it comes to same sex marriages. I've signed many of them in my area, men and women both. That is not the problem. I have a cousin who is a lesbian and both of them stayed at my house over Thanksgiving. I also have a BIL who is gay. We went and stayed at their house in CA several years ago. Do I agree or like their lifestyle, NO, I honestly don't, but its not for me to decide how they live their lives. As long as they don't infringe on my lifestyle, I won't theirs.

But, this last night was just something that I had a very hard time with. I don't think I would have, had we not talked about their little grandkids. That is what bothers me the most. Those little ones used to have a Grandpa and now they don't. Grandpa turned into a Grandma. That bothers me. Why, I don't know, it just does. It also bothers me that his daughter no longer has a dad, she has another mother. Call me old fashioned or anything else you want, I just don't think this is right. I don't know all the circumstances and frankly, I don't want to know. Our world is changing and the only thing I can say is that if it was meant to be that way, the world will come to an end. No more children would be born if men were together and women were together. This is not the way its supposed to be. IMO of course. I'm sorry if offended anyone. Not the intention.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.