Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
YIKES!!! Docs came but nothing was attached!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 12/8/12 4:03pm
Msg #445929

"The following have been attached for signing" she writes in her e mail.....but nothing was attached......it's Saturday and there is no one to be found at this particular gigantic title company that almost everyone here at Notary Rotary signs for. I called about four different phone numbers and got recordings on all of them stating that either the office was closed or that they were not at their desk. I sent out emails to three different people stating that there was nothing attached to my e mai and could someone please generate some documents for mel, but everything bounced back that they were out of the office and if I needed immediate attention I should call or email this person.

I called the borrower and let them know there was a glitch in the e mail transmission of their documents and it didn't look like we would be able to sign today.

I guess my reason for this post is that if a title company is going to schedule a closing on a Saturday, at least have someone in the office in case a crisis arises. Somebody is going to be pissed off on Monday when they learn this thing didn't close and of course the notary is going to be the one that gets thrown under the bus for not knowing magic.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/8/12 4:15pm
Msg #445930

No after-hours number on your confirmation?

Sounds odd that someone is around to send the e-mail but not around to call

Do you maybe have a previous closing from them with an after hours number (like another weekend closing you did?) If you can get ANYONE maybe they can help out.

Wow..this is gonna be one ticked off borrower if they lose they're rate lock due tot title error...

Good Luck.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 12/8/12 4:22pm
Msg #445931

Drastic measures ...

Perhaps you may want to send out and urgent mass email to everyone in your address book at that TC, including vendor management. Maybe someone is in the office and will know what to do.

Hey, if nothing else, you can say you tried EVERYTHING you could to get this issue resolved.

Good luck!

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 12/8/12 5:56pm
Msg #445938

Re: Drastic measures ... a little late I know, but

Does this huge title company that everyone deals with here on Notary Rotary have an IT department or tech support department? If so, have you tried their number? Last experience I had with problem docs on a Saturday got results rather quickly when I got through to tech support.

Reply by Clem/CA on 12/8/12 6:34pm
Msg #445942

Thought I had that problem once but had just upgraded my outlook from and old version and did not know about the conversation type storage of messages.... duh

Reply by Yowheelz on 12/12/12 10:25am
Msg #446301

email, don't call

Several of the large companies do not answer phones but do read their emails. Service Link is one where I almost always get a reply to email but simply cannot get through to anyone on phone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.