Notary Rotary
You want a copy of my seal?!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Shan/CA on 12/17/12 11:58pm
Msg #446884

Ooooh, so I'm searching a company and not only do they want my DL # and valid auto policy # they want me to put my stamp at the bottom of the page!!! Why not just ask for a copy of my commission? I hope that they are just trying to see who is crazy enough to do that, if anyone. Heck, it won't be me!

Reply by ToniK on 12/18/12 12:07am
Msg #446887

old tactics. Just ignore that request but only lowball companies ask me for that. A notary commission certificate should suffice

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 12/18/12 4:06am
Msg #446892

I comply with their request then mark void over the stamp. As for the DL blacken thru the number and dob. Never had a complaint.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/18/12 8:46am
Msg #446901

I would have to tell the requestor that I am unable to oblige their request because in CA it is illegal to do so, but of course they may have a copy of my commission and a copy of my DL with the No. blacked out, and a copy of my insurance card, showing I obviously have a DL or I would not have insurance.

If these companies are not knowledgeable enough to know what they can and cannot request, why should we be working for them. DUH! They are perfect strangers, how do we know about their backgrounds? They could be excons, criminals themselves.

Reply by ToniK on 12/18/12 11:51am
Msg #446926

Exactly!!!! Here in Va your stamp is ONLY used on notarial acts...not as proof of a commission. Thats what my commission certificate is for. It has my registration number AND expiration date

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/18/12 11:58am
Msg #446929

Same in CA., so if my commission cert. isn't good enough then........

Reply by walthtz on 12/18/12 2:43pm
Msg #446956

One better than that.
A company out of Florida asked me for a copy of my Business License.
When I asked why, the answer I got was to make sure the W9 I filled out & signed was true.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.