Notary Rotary
because we all need a little giggle....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 12/21/12 1:28am
Msg #447337

last week I had the pleasure (not) of doing one signing with a "farty" dog at my feet. As our eyes were tearing up from the fumes, Mr. Borrower, decided to put the dog outside. Thank you. Two nights later... different signing, I now get "humpy" dog going after my leg while we're sitting at the table trying to sign. At his second run at me, Mr. Borrower, put "humpy" dog outside. How do you gracefully shake a dog off your leg while at the signing table? Tonight, it was a cat adventure. Borrowers had a 32 LB CAT! Beautiful creature, but, HUGE! Looked like a mini lion. He wanted to investigate my purse....and, I let him. Some critters you just don't mess with! Have a good month end everyone!

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/21/12 1:35am
Msg #447339

Thanks for the "giggle"!!! Animals can sure be quirky. Sounds like you handled it all very graciously.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 12/21/12 11:14am
Msg #447357

Pets keep things interesting... I had one with a parrot

last week. This bird was the size of a turkey and free range in the house. He'd look at me with that one sideways eye and shout "HEYYYYY BABY... COME OVER HERE! Kiss Kiss Kiss!!" That went on for 40 minutes. They couldn't do anything about it, because the bird has serious anxiety issues and can't be out of eyesight of his owner. Oh my!! Apparently they adopted the bird without knowledge of the full breadth of his vocabulary. They told me "he's very interesting at parties."

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/21/12 12:46pm
Msg #447383

Re: Pets keep things interesting... I had one with a parrot

That turkey ...er, parrot, needs some Prozac! Or, I'd need some if I were ever in the same house with it. One time some big parrot I didn't even know was in the house, landed on my shoulder. I about had a heart attack. And gracious I was not.

Reply by Pam/NM on 12/21/12 12:46pm
Msg #447384

Re: Pets keep things interesting... I had one with a parrot

I had an African Grey Parrot this week that every so often, at odd intervals, he would let out the most gawd-awful screech that sounded like a dog being stepped on while a cat got it's tail caught under the rung of a rocking chair. I jumped nearly out of my chair. Every. Single. Time.

Reply by PJM/MI on 12/21/12 8:35pm
Msg #447440

Thanks for the laugh!

Sometimes the animals & the kids @ closings are just so darn funny. Once had a 4 yr old take a play phone out of a toy box, hold it up, and say, Can you hear me now?"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.