Notary Rotary
laser printers
Notary Discussion History

laser printers
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by gotogirl on 12/29/12 9:27pm
Msg #448130

laser printers

Recently became signing agent, have no idea how buy a affordable dual tray printer without getting ripped off. Looking for suggestions and tips from everybody. Text me models, prices and sites that trusted by other Notaries. Thanks

Reply by desktopfull on 12/29/12 9:38pm
Msg #448132

Use Orange Search key, all kinds of info on forum n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 12/29/12 10:26pm
Msg #448134

This is one of my suggestions... it's not super cheap, but it's not exactly high-end, either. I think it's a good investment, entry level dual tray printer for signing agent.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/modeldetail.aspx?PRODUCTID=HL5470DWT#.UN_BX3fheSo

That said, though, my first dual tray printer was a refurbished unit that I still have and use today. If you're trying to keep your costs down, that's the way to go.

Reply by Julie/MI on 12/30/12 8:45am
Msg #448155

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LASERJET-HP-4350TN-PRINTER-Q5408A-BEST-REFURB-IN-THE-BIZ-/200397767474?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item2ea8a34332

This printer is SUPERIOR to the brother5470 and you won't have drum issues. I think this one includes shipping and has a "make offer" button, in fact I think I'm getting another one for back up.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 12/30/12 2:00am
Msg #448140

May want to consider surplus from a local source

Do you have a university or college close to you? Check to see what they do with surplus equipment. Since used by the university, it was most likely under a service contract so regularly maintained. Sometimes the only thing "wrong" with surplus units is that the lease ran out and new equipment was brought in to replace it. A major university close to me has a department specifically devoted to disposing of surplus equipment. Everything from artwork that was in offices, conference tables, utility stands, desks, chairs, filing cabinets to desktops, laptops, printers, and copiers. A recent visit found 4 drawer filing cabinets for $20, and printers (Brothers, HP, Dell, inkjet, laser, and color laser; single tray and dual tray) ranging from $35 to $50. Granted, will not be the top of the line industry standard of today, but the price is reasonable and it's generally not junk that they sell.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.