Notary Rotary
such a dummy I am
Notary Discussion History

such a dummy I am
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by ToniK on 12/18/12 12:06am
Msg #446886

such a dummy I am

So heading to my last signing of the night and noticed (mind you I just came from a severely rural place in Northern VA) and my light came on for low on gas (it comes on when I have less than 30 miles left on the tank) so I pull up to the gas station to only find that my ATM & credit is not on my persons nor bag, purse, coat pocket, glove compartment....nada! So I attempted to race back home ONLY to have my car shut down while driving. Called Hubby who reluctantly wanted to come out due to he was sleeping. I had to cancel last signing cuz BO would rather reschedule than wait for me to and roadside assistance (hubby). So lesson learned...if Im going to be removing my credit cards/debit from one bag to another, I need to keep at least $20 min stashed somewhere in my car for issues like this.

So embarrassing yet funny cuz hubby said to me "this has happened to you before" Uh yea but it was like 3.5 yrs ago. lol

So I owe hubby a nice evening out or maybe a gift certificate to Hugo Boss.

Reply by Kay/IL on 12/18/12 3:22am
Msg #446891

No need to feel bad. We live and we learn. Smile

I have made it a policy not to accept signings starting after 6:30 -7:00 pm that are more than 5 miles from home, or not near public transportation in case of such situations as you described. Although I recently bought a new vehicle, during this time of year with the shorter days and the possibility of snow, the last thing I need is to be stuck in no man's land with no way home.

Yes....treat that man to something nice........ Smile

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/18/12 8:42am
Msg #446900

One other very important thing...

I now keep one of my business cards in my wallet. Two weeks ago, on the way home from Scottsdale, I stopped at a deli in Tempe to pick up some lunch. The next day, I stopped to pick up some coffee. I couldn't find my wallet. Turns out I left it in Tempe. They couldn't get in touch with me, because although I had credit cards and my license in there, my phone number wasn't there.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/18/12 8:55am
Msg #446903

Been there, done that! We get so wrapped up in printing, planning, driving, alas, no gas! YIKES! I try not to get too low any more and buy gas at the best price station I can find no matter if it's just around half capacity. Running out of gas is painful and time consuming.

I left my handbag in a restaurant one afternoon, Saturday after five signings, they called me 9pm at night, I was sacked out. Found my home phone on my checks and left me a voice mail. Nice little mom and pop restaurant owner. So sweet. I was fortunate I left it with angels not nar do wells, who are waiting around for people like me to do something so silly and careless. Specially in these desparate times and holiday season. CRIME IS UP!

One of the pitfalls of driving oneself too hard. It's that time of year! I don't usually carry my handbag around, mostly just cash and ATM card in my jacket pocket so I'm hands free. But I had a couple of kitchen remodeling books in my bag I was perusing at lunch.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 12/18/12 10:01am
Msg #446914

heard radio car talk this past weekend with woman whining about boyfriend wanting to buy her 4 new tires for Xmas. I say, gratitude is warranted when we get some HELP where most needed. I'm visiting parents, going back home today - and my dad gave me a FULL TANK of gas (not unusual for him). It's not "romantic" or any of that, but those practical, sensible acts of kindness will take me a LONG WAY!

Is anyone using the loaded MC/Visa? Was thinking might be good for biz stuff like toner, paper -- and FUEL. Just need to project 'n load monthly expenses. I get "scolded" from time to time for running my car on 'E' - so I think all nicely loaded BP/Exxon/Shell would be a good idea from a loved one (question is: Is he reading this??)

Reply by Shan/CA on 12/18/12 11:50am
Msg #446925

That is just about the only gift I give. Most in Cali have an additional $4.95 fee attached, I would prefer for the person to get what they want or need. People can be so ungrateful. Maybe she will appreciate those tires when they keep her safe on the road!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.