Notary Rotary
Servicelink Login
Notary Discussion History

Servicelink Login
Go Back to May, 2012 Index

Posted by aanotary on 5/25/12 11:54am
Msg #421851

Servicelink Login

Am I the only one that has trouble with the log in to access docs? Of course no one there is able to assist me? Is there some trick I am missing? thanks

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 5/25/12 12:27pm
Msg #421853

I believe your vendor # is your password for retreiving docs.

Reply by Alz on 5/25/12 12:30pm
Msg #421854

The user name is your vendor number and the password is also your vendor number followed by the two letter state code, i.e. the CA for you.

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 5/25/12 12:55pm
Msg #421857

unless they send you both a secure user name and secure login for those specific docs. it will be in the email confirmation if they are using that system, otherwise, yes it is your user number, then user number followed by your two letter state abbreviation.

Reply by bob/IA on 5/25/12 1:04pm
Msg #421859

Try putting a 0 (zero) on the front of your vendor #.

Reply by Robin/CA on 5/25/12 5:29pm
Msg #421873

I just completed a signing for them today. I was sent 2 emails, one had the username and one had the password. If it is and uppercase or lowercase letter shown it must be put in that way.

Reply by PublicTipic on 5/25/12 7:46pm
Msg #421885

Ugh. The dreaded vision docs with 2 separate login/password emails. I have a MAC and haven't been able to access in years. I tell them to send me alpha trust or edocs. Good luck getting through!

Reply by pat/WA on 5/25/12 8:18pm
Msg #421889

I have always used my vendor number and signing agent as the password. Has that changed?

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 5/25/12 8:32pm
Msg #421890

I had trouble on Wed.

Couldn't log in, couldn't raise anyone, left messages for all including IT help. No phone calls back. Finally called and told gal who answered that I need someone on that bank's team. He sent me the docs via email. This was at 7:45 pm for an 11 am signing. Still don't know what I was doing wrong. When anyone sends one of those crazy passwords with U & L case and symbols and numbers I always copy and paste. But that didn't work that time.

Reply by Jack/AL on 5/25/12 10:16pm
Msg #421894

Here's what works for me......................

Below is the notice I received today when docs were ready, and it is the normal way for me. The third paragraph below begins with "Please click here to access............... The word "here" is blue and underlined in blue (on the original message, but the color and underline are lost in the copy/paste process to post on NotRot). The word "here" is actually a link to the site containing the docs, so when I click on "here," the site opens and has one field into which to enter my five digit ServiceLink Vendor ID# as the Pin/Password. That's it! My five digit Vendor ID# is all that is needed, and then I click on download. The instructions below are clear to me, and work perfectly.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Document Delivery Notice

Hello,

Please find a link below that will direct you to a login page that will enable you to download the closing documents for your Closing.

Clicking the link will take you to a secure site where you will be asked to login. Please use your ServiceLink Vendor ID# as the Pin/Password.

Once you login, you can access your Closing documents by following these simple steps:

Click on the document to download
Save the document to your desktop or file folder
Open the document & print
Please note that all of your documents for this closing have been incorporated into one PDF document for simplicity.

Please click here to access the PDF document for download.

If you need to copy and paste the link into your Web browser, please copy this transaction specific link:

https://pronto1.alphatrust.com/prontosvr2/docsign.asp?SigID=1007298374&at=A81497C9AD05285EB3A3751B805D618F8D43403B

If you do not know your Vendor ID#, then please contact me at , Ext. ; or [e-mail address]

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 5/26/12 8:57pm
Msg #421991

That is through Amtrust

and I've never had trouble accessing those docs. These were thru their FNN secured site.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 5/26/12 1:34am
Msg #421903

You are not specifying which login you are having trouble with. If your confirmation number begins with a "2" then you are dealing with everyday ServiceLink. Your five digit vendor number should always get you in. Also, as one person said, put a zero in front of it, but usually you don't have to. These documents come to you using Alpha Trust. Easy to use and no problem.

The second thing is that if your order begins with a "1" then you will get Vision Docs. This nonsense is more complicated. You get two emails (email 1 and email 2). Email 1 contains the user name, like xyo4oL5 and link to the documents. Copy the user name, click the link and enter your user name that you just copied (Control V). Then, leave that link open and go to your mail program and open the 2nd email. There you will see your password and copy that. (Control C).

Go back to the link you left open and paste (Control V) the password into the appropriate space.

NOW - HERE'S THE SECRET. You have to be using Adobe X (either that silly little reader) or have the real Adobe Acrobat X. Either way, if you don't have Adobe X, the documents will NOT open because someone at ServiceLink decided that only Adobe X has the proper security, so that's what they use. I purchased the real Adobe Acrobat X and it's like night and day. Lots of features and easy to use, combine all those ridiculous files send by one title co into one nice printable file.

How do I know any of this? Because I started talking the the people who send the docs who told me most of this, and because they gave me a direct line transfer to IT, where I spoke with a real human IT person. No, they don't communicate well, so there are gobs of notaries out there who are NOT doing any proactive research to find out WHY they can't open docs or enter E-closing Updates or enter E-Invoices.

It's the responsibility of the notary to research and find out WHY rather than just complain. In the case of companies like ServiceLink, they are so big that they have lost track of how to communicate with people. That's what makes your task more challenging. I never have problems opening any SL documents anymore, but I did in the beginning. Open your mouth and ask questions of the people at ServiceLink until you get the information you need. Don't tell me it's hard to get through - of course it is.......just hang in there or use the directory, it works.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.