Notary Rotary
Bancserv
Notary Discussion History

Bancserv
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 11/2/12 11:46am
Msg #441832

Bancserv

Bancserv is one of our favorite signing services. I resent coments on this forum that degrade signing services without naming their sources.
Bancserv is very professional, friendly, and deliver what they promise.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 11/2/12 12:07pm
Msg #441835

You forgot to mention Low Ballers. That's all they are in my book. I received a new notary sign up package from them a while ago. When I saw the amount they pay for signings (I believe it was $65 or $75), I replied and said "sorry, I cannot accept such a low payment for my work". You know how they responded? "Don't be sorry, we have plenty of notaries that accept that payment”. Good for you. Keep giving companies like that a 4 star rating. It is so obvious that many of you notaries out there have no idea on how to be profitable. If you have to accept such a low payment for your work, perhaps you should choose a different career. Just my humble opinion.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/2/12 12:38pm
Msg #441844

Not your "humble opinion," 1Notary1, a fact

It took me a long time of reading on NR to realize that many of the regular posters here eagerly lap all they can get from ultimate lowballers like Bancserv. I think they laugh at us notaries who set our minimum at $100 (of course, the $125 minimum notaries must be laughing at us) when we post how important it is to keep our fees in the category of some profitibility and professionalism. Yet, most NSAs are like the OP, happily taking what they can get, not caring or realizing how destructive it is. I recently posted here about a 5 star SS wanting to sign me up for their $80 edoc fee, take it or leave it. But there's nothing we can do about that. We can only focus on ourselves and our business. Thank gawd there are other SSs/TCs that still pay a respectable fee and place some value on NSAs.

Bancserv is the original lowballer and has inspired many many others to follow their model of success. Bancserv is an enormously profitable busness, a huge business, a powerful business, and has been around forever, thanks to the thousands of notaries who continuously "help them out" while taking scrap fees for the work. It will never change.

Oh, and whenever we write a post like this, we always get those laughable responses from the low-ball notaries, saying, "I never take $XX from Bancaserv (or whoever), I always get my $XXX fee." Pleeeeze. Save it for someone stupid enough to believe you.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 11/2/12 12:58pm
Msg #441850

Re: Not your "humble opinion," 1Notary1, a fact

My humble opinion was referred to the last sentence only. And you are correct about some of those notaries that come here claiming to get paid much more.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 11/2/12 1:57pm
Msg #441868

Even the low-balling companies will pay $125-$150 when they are desperate or their regular low-ball accepting notaries are either booked up or have smartened up and realize that they cannot make it on the low ball fees. There are also some parts of the country that are not overloaded with NSAs and those NSAs do get their normal fees, even if the company is a known low-balling company.

When Bancserv calls me, they do accept my normal fee ($125+ depending upon the specifics of the request). They also pay me on time ('12 YTD avg = 11 days).

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/12 5:03pm
Msg #441916

I find the characterization of Bancserv and the intensity of that characterization puzzling. This year I've handled about six closings for Bancserv, and they have all been for my standard fee. Some have been closings bank only, in which case they do not pay my $35 print fee. Otherwise, they have in each instance met my full fee, they have done so without a breath of haggling, and have paid promptly.

I don't recognize the Bancserv that you folks are trashing.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 11/2/12 5:24pm
Msg #441920

Only speaking from my personal past experience n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/4/12 1:05am
Msg #442079

I disagree. It's all about location, location, location. For those of us in the high density, saturated areas, we can be confident that the low-ballers will nearly always find someone to take their fee. But those in areas where there are few NSAs can name their price and sometimes - if not most of the time - get it. That's why I never work for Bancserv - and so many others.

Fortunately, like someone else said, there are enough other decent companies out there that will pay a fair fee for quality work.

Reply by pat/WA on 11/2/12 12:39pm
Msg #441845

I am sorry but your information about the amount they pay is wrong. You might want to check again.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/2/12 12:41pm
Msg #441846

Agree w/pat/WA

'Course, it helps when you're the only ballgame in town~~

Reply by 1Notary1 on 11/2/12 1:34pm
Msg #441859

If you're referring to BancServ out of Yorba Linda, CA, then I assure you that my information is definitely correct from personal experience.

Reply by sealed/CA on 11/2/12 1:51pm
Msg #441864

I love doing signings for Bancserv. They have met my xxx fee and have always paid timely. They don't call too often but I've probably done at least 10 for them this year.
Before taking the signing, as with any company, I always confirm the payment amount. If they cannot meet my fee, I just pass.

Reply by ToniK on 11/2/12 12:59pm
Msg #441852

I work on occasions for Bancserv and they pay me well. I have never received a low ball fee from Bancserv.

I signed up with them years ago but the last month or so they have called me and pay me well over $125. They even pay within 10 days. I may not be the first notary they call but they do call and have no issues paying my requested fee. I like Bancserv, wish they were my regulars cuz I've never had an issue with them or the packages.

Also I've signed up with a lot of "lowballers" but that doesn't mean I accept their fee. A lot of notaries complain about low fees from some companies and those same companies pay me higher. It's all about you and if you accept the low fees. Anyone is gonna to bargain shop. I work at this full time and I can pick and choose what assignments I want or don't want. I don't complain about low fees because its my decision to accept, deny or counteroffer.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/2/12 1:20pm
Msg #441855

You're probably "laughin' " all the way to the bank, aren't you?! LOL

Clearly, there are a lot better NSA negotiators than others - and better "liars," too Smile

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/2/12 1:24pm
Msg #441857

How about this for a new Network:

The BEST Virginia Notary Signing Agent Network of Negotiators!

We could use one (just like CA, MI and TX). Anybody else using this strategy to block "low-balling" companies?

Reply by ToniK on 11/2/12 1:42pm
Msg #441862

In this particular case yes!!!

Now ill be really lmao to the bank once I get that check for a single refi for $250.

Reply by pat/WA on 11/2/12 1:54pm
Msg #441866

I think it is disgusting that any notary would post on Notary Rotary that if a notary accepts a signing from Bancserv they are a low quality, point and sign notary.
It takes an extreme ego when someone assumes they can determine another notary's ability without any basis for their decision.

Reply by ToniK on 11/2/12 2:21pm
Msg #441872

I just view those people as salty. I also view them the same as if a SS owner comes in here and calls us names. And it really says more about them than the people they try to degrade.

Reply by janCA on 11/2/12 2:28pm
Msg #441876

I agree with Pat. I've been doing this for almost 11 years and I can pick and choose who I accept assignments from. Bancserv called me last week to do a signing about 25 miles away, which is outside my usual radius. I asked for $200 and that's what I got.

Reply by ToniK on 11/2/12 2:36pm
Msg #441880

Thats great. They are willing to pay more for distance. Ive been getting calls for signings out of my area and tell them what I charge to travel those areas usually $175+ depending on location and time of day and my fee requested has always been met and they dont even say "I have to get it approved". They say ok its coming over.

Reply by Molly/Ca on 11/2/12 4:17pm
Msg #441906

I get calls from Bancserv and my fee is always met. They have been very good to me.
Always above $xxx. and extra for travel.

Reply by Buddy Young on 11/2/12 7:02pm
Msg #441937

Re: My favorite n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/2/12 3:11pm
Msg #441895

That's what Signing Central is for. Sometimes it's better

to post comments, G/B/U there instead of opening a can of worms on the forum.
I haven't worked for them, but I have worked for some of the best & some of the worst in the industry through the years.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/8/12 11:08am
Msg #442612

...currently awaiting on payment, now 30+ days...getting

quite annoyed with this SS and a few of its 'choice' reps. I moved and changed my address with them, twice, including submitting new W-9 AND speaking with someone in their accounting department!

I keep sending reminder emails about paymen to Brady Johnston, and not only do I NOT get an answer to my emails until a few days later, but when I do, its lame with the same 'ole, "looking into it and get back to you" speech.

They have paid in the past, no problem, but with these last two payments, getting tired of reminding them that I moved. They also pay me MY fee for Spanish closings although like most, they do low ball on reg refi's when they call and I often refuse.

I'm pretty much done with them. Onto the next, as their seems to be an abundance of other very reliable SS that pay my fee and cut the check and mail, when indicated.

Oh well...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.