Notary Rotary
Can the LO authorize leaving the docs with the BO
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 11/17/12 2:25pm
Msg #443785

if the BO wants to take time to read everthing. Since the SA will ask the SC to pay for another trip shouldn't the SC have some say it leaving the docs?

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 11/17/12 2:31pm
Msg #443787

This is just my personal opinion, but I believe you should be asking your hiring party if you can leave the docs for review at the suggestion of the LO. At that point, you should discuss another fee if you have to go back again. My hunch would be, if you don't discuss leaving the docs--and going back later--with the person paying you, and you ask for it after the fact, you're going to be out that fee.
I think this is a question you should ask the party actually paying you for the service, such as the SS or the TC.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/17/12 2:49pm
Msg #443788

Ideally, you should either take instructions from or receive confirmation from the hiring party. If, however, the hiring party is not available and the LO says he would like the docs left with the borrower, the better part of discretion says leave the docs. It's the loan officer's money, and the hiring party is simply helping him spend it. Me, I'm not going to want to offend the guy with the wallet; I may be looking to him to pick up the tab later in the evening at the Poodle Dog Lounge.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.