Notary Rotary
Dress Warm to Signings . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 11/23/12 9:22pm
Msg #444467

Had a VA Re-Fi today at a condo. Mr. Bo did not turn on the heat. I sat on a kitchen stool at the bar in the kitchen - the counter top was granite which was freezing cold to the touch. I couldn't wait to get to my car and blast the heat and stop to get something hot to drink on the way home!

I was glad I had dressed in layers as that helped a bit. This is the 2nd home I have been to in a month where it was this cold. BO's must be cutting back on heat to save money.

Dress warm out there so you will be comfortable and not get chilled, and so you can peel off layers if need be!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/23/12 9:39pm
Msg #444469

I don't think so . . .

It was 85 here today.

Reply by ananotary on 11/23/12 10:36pm
Msg #444471

Shoshana- obviously Arizona and CA would be the exception

most of the times.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/23/12 10:40pm
Msg #444472

Re: Shoshana- obviously Arizona and CA would be the exception

It's actually warmer than usual right now. We are a desert. In another few weeks (mid-end of December) we will start getting a hard freeze. We have lost plants in the winter. CA also gets freezes as does Florida.

Reply by ananotary on 11/23/12 10:43pm
Msg #444473

Um....then I guess the OP would apply....... n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/24/12 8:42am
Msg #444483

Around 40 overnight last night here in FL

going down into the 20's where I am (inland rural open farmlands). Days this past week have only been mid to high 60's

Gorgeous crisp weather but not what I expected when we moved to Florida six and a half years ago - at least I thought we did!!!.. Smile

Reply by ikando on 11/23/12 10:55pm
Msg #444474

Here in Oklahoma the saying is, If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. It has been 40s in the morning, 70s in the afternoon and 30s overnight this week.

I always dress in layers, and in the winter, carry a heavy jacket in the car just in case.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/24/12 9:52am
Msg #444487

I've had signings like this! Borrower keeps one room warm, no lights any where except the little table where we might be signing. Watching the power and fuel bills, I guess...

You wanna break up a piece of furniture and start your own little heat source its so dang cold you can't put your fingers on your pens or open your fingerprint case!

It's 45 hear right now, but supposed to get to high 60s.

Going to hit the spa this afternoon and get a much needed deep tissue massage and salt glow rub. Worked hard this past week. Thankfully, I had a full day off on Turkey day with my family and friends. It was awesome weather in Ojai, we sat outside and ate under the umbrella. My arugulla salad was a big hit with everyone, and I enjoyed dark turkey, green beans and sweet potatoes. Spent the night and headed out for 9:30am signing, done by 5pm. Slept in today, taking a couple days off! Putting the electric blanket on bed today! Winter is finally here.

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/24/12 2:54pm
Msg #444507

<<You wanna break up a piece of furniture and start your own little heat source its so dang cold you can't put your fingers on your pens>>

LOL!! Well said. I envy your massage. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/24/12 12:42pm
Msg #444498

me too! BO said they turned the heat up to 55 because I was

coming! they claim it is good for your health to live in a cold house! I bought several cashmere sweaters yesterday! now if I could just find me some cashmere long johns... I haven't tried the fingerless gloves yet but may this year. seems that people are keeping there homes colder or maybe its my age... nah : )

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/24/12 2:57pm
Msg #444508

Re: me too! BO said they turned the heat up to 55 because I was

Hi Donna~ I would love some of them cashmere sweaters too! Definitely NOT age. :O) IMO

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/24/12 4:19pm
Msg #444515

Actually, it is better for your health to have a cool house

A warmer house is not good for your immune system because it is very drying and dehydrates you. A dehydrated body is more susceptible to viruses and bacteria.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/24/12 4:36pm
Msg #444516

Yabut....yabut....it's not good for your health when

the house is so "cool" that you get whiplash from the shivering.. Smile

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/24/12 6:14pm
Msg #444522

Then carry a sweater.

For my part I have been in more than one home where the people don't have the AC at my comfort level (no warmer than 80 degrees).

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/24/12 5:26pm
Msg #444519

WHO recommends min indoor temp of 64 degrees : ) )

so this is from New Zealand article but if you want to take the time to seach there is acutally a lot about this on the net!! who knew!!
so my 68 degrees is just perfect, thank you!

http://www.sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2008/06/18/cold-houses-and-impact-on-health/

The World Health Organization recommends a minimum indoor temperature of 18°C, and ideally 21°C if babies or elderly people live in the house. The average daily indoor temperature in the winter for most New Zealand houses is just 16°C

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/24/12 6:20pm
Msg #444523

Re: WHO recommends min indoor temp of 64 degrees : ) )

64 would be a little cold for me. I turn it down to 66 at night. We can add on blankets.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/24/12 6:24pm
Msg #444524

Does it really get that cold up there?

Does it ever snow? Cashmere long johns? Even when I lived in NY, I didn't wear long johns! LOL!

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/24/12 8:30pm
Msg #444530

Re: Does it really get that cold up there?

We do get snow at least once a year, sometimes twice. It sometimes melts right away and other times it hangs around and is messy for a week or two. I think donna was joking about the long johns, but then maybe not! :O)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.