Notary Rotary
Email the BO the SOI before the signing so they can have
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 11/11/12 10:57pm
Msg #443030

time to fill it out without you sitting there. Use a blank generic so you don't have to fish one out of the docs. You will have to look and see if one is called for. If so, email your generic as soon as you get the docs and confirm it's needed. Get their email address when you confirm the appt. Any problems with this?

Reply by desktopfull on 11/12/12 4:17am
Msg #443036

Better idea, TC can email to borrower. n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/12/12 6:27am
Msg #443039

I do not normally receive borrower's email address

from the companies that hire me - and I agree that it should come from the TC to the borrower.

I rarely see these forms here in VA, but I think if it were a routine issue and it was taking an extra 20 minutes to one hour for each appointment, I would just leave the form with the borrower and tell them to fax/scan back to TC and make sure they have the applicable fax number or email address.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/12/12 8:35am
Msg #443049

Good suggestion, Linda. :-) n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/12/12 9:12am
Msg #443059

Re: I do not normally receive borrower's email address

That would be except for the fact that it is normally a signed document and they would need the original signature. When re-confirming the appointment, I would tell them that they will need to have that information ready. Either that or call the title company and ask them to scan and send that page only to the borrower and have them fill out.

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/12/12 9:13am
Msg #443061

That is an excellent suggestion; however, I would have title company send that page only to the borrower. Many times in the past I have sat half an hour or more while the borrower is rifling thru pages and running around the house trying to find that information.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/12/12 9:18am
Msg #443064

It is present in one of ten files I receive, and I usually have the borrrower complete it while Im completing my journal entries...not more than 5 minutes time to complete it.

Once upon a time, title/escrow sent this out ahead of time for complete and return before docs are received. It's a scramble, I think these days.

Reply by ananotary on 11/12/12 9:20am
Msg #443065

I agree 100% with HSH and think this is a great

Idea. I would not bother title to pull one page out of the package and email it directly to the borrower. Could you imagine being the escrow/ title rep/ ss that recieves this call from the notary? If I were that presumably very busy excrow/title/ss company, that notary would fall down my list of people to call and would be a PITA in my eyes. MHO, of course.

I come from CA where this form is routinely in many packages. I've thought about doing this with Trust certs also. Problem is that I'm sometimes too slammed to even do this. Good Idea!

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/12/12 9:33am
Msg #443069

Re: I agree 100% with HSH and think this is a great

Very good point about TCs. I have in the past given it to the borrower and fill out while I go thru the documents and fill out all of the notarial sections in the pages (obviously not signing or sealing before their signatures).

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 11/12/12 1:47pm
Msg #443103

In a perfect world, no broker docs, SOI, all handled prior n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/12/12 7:53pm
Msg #443119

Amen! Let's put that out there to the universe and hope! ;>) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.