Notary Rotary
Escrow scanned in docs incorrectly and sent to me late
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 11/3/12 4:50pm
Msg #442014

at night, I get up and print everything out on legal paper as that is how docs were scanned.

Escrow one set, PDF of loan docs second set. Escrow looked great, I run to the shower while Flagstar docs are printing, one set for borrower and one set for Lender.

I run out the door for 7:15am signing. I get to the table and we sign all the escrow docs. I get to loan docs and they've been scanned in incorrectly and the botton 3 inches of every page is cut off. I didn't know this under after the note.

Well, I called the LO, no one in office until 9am...well, guy is leaving for El Segundo to go to work. We signed what we could. Got it in for closing in October, but had to resign certain pages (compliance, Sig/Name Affidavit, E&O, couple others, 10 in all). What a nightmare.

I will never do that again, was half awake when I left the house. Never occurred to me I would get a package like that. It happend EOM friday, an entire package had been scanned in correctly, but at least I saw it, running out the door because I couldn't contact the borrower to tell him docs were wrong, I didn't have his correct phone number, no one to contact at that hour. Gotta love these last minute signings, no LOs or EOs available, wrong phone numbers.

Makes you want to go to the moon!

Reply by Clem/CA on 11/3/12 5:00pm
Msg #442016

Had one today Escrow could not send docs due to a computer glitch so I just went the Blue Moon. always makes me feel better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4oSTyjZCfE

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/3/12 5:45pm
Msg #442020

Wish I could go off and shower while both sets of docs were being printed. I print one set then the other. I need to resupply the paper and pull the printed pages out so as not to jam the printer. Maybe this is the difference between a pro and a newbie.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/3/12 6:50pm
Msg #442022

But yet, as the professional you are, still managed to

perform and get the package back to escrow, placing it in proper funding order. Flagstar Bank, ugh, there is only one other than has so many pages in there packages that causes me additional white grey hair Smile.

(This is for the newbies on the site.) Of course, While This Is Not An Error On Your Part, I know you will go to the ends of the earth to correct this on the next business day, it's what we do. ... lol, hopefully with an additional charge.

Wouldn't it had been wonderful if the Escrow Officer was secure enough to forward Flagstars doc link to you? It used to standard practice, now, yikes, it's similar to pulling teeth without anesthesia. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh Frown

Good job...

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 11/4/12 12:26am
Msg #442072

I had one around 5 months ago that was a 1st for me

The signing was in Palm Springs, I hadn't done a signing there in probably 3 years, but this ono was for a great title company I do a lot signings.

I have 2 printers that I use so I can print both sets of docs one after the other.

I click on the Smith docs and print the HUD and then printed the rest of the docs on their
secured website and go to the signing. I have done over 6,000 and I don't look at anything other than the HUD, which I always put as the 1st document presented.

I start the signing and the HUD was for the borrower and that was the only doc in the package that was for her; the rest were for a borrower in OHIO.

I call the title company and they can't figure out how this happened; so I leave Palm Springs and go back to my office and reprint and go out again and get it signed. I got paid for it .

Thank goodness for books on Audible Audio.

Years ago I went to a signing and got distracted when I was leaving the office and arrived
at the borrowers home and the docs weren't in my car because my briefcase was sitting in my garage where I left it.

These were alway interesting "tap dances" trying to explain to the borrower why you need to come back later. Thank goodness the last one was around 7 years ago. LOL

When I was really new in 2002 ( docs were FedEx to us) I grabbed the FedEx envelope and went to borrowers home and discovered the loan wasn't for the Smiths; it was for the Jones.
The Jones signing was for the next day and when I went back to office there was the Smiths loan docs on my doorstep. Try explaining that one?

When these type of problems happen it never seems to be 5 miles, but is a 30 mile round trip. LOL
Stay in this industry and almost every situation will happen.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/4/12 8:47am
Msg #442101

Re: I had one around 5 months ago that was a 1st for me

Funny, I had one of these around 7 years ago...Nationwide sent me docs for the wrong party. I get there, only to discover they were not her documents, I had print them and ran out the door, having around 12 of these little packages to get signed and she was the first appt in Los Osos, about 35 miles from me. We called Nationwide, they resent the correct package and we printed in her home office. She was hopping mad, but then grateful we could remedy without too much time passing. So much drama she said about the entire process.

Sometimes never change!

I, too, have received the wrong documents for borrowers. Monthend madness will drive you crazy. Gotta be on your toes all the time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.