Notary Rotary
FEDEX website problems. BE CAREFUL!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by sigtogo/OR on 11/6/12 2:12pm
Msg #442382

I found a Fedex invoice charged to me on my credit card statement for a shipment that I had entered the recipient account and address as I always do. I was informed by Fedex that there is a glitch in their online system where this can happen and they suggest we always reconfirm the "billing to recipient" box is still checked before printing. They know its a problem but evidently don't know how to fix!

If this happens to you, call and speak to a live person rather than changing the billing to another party via the automated system so that hopefully you won't incur an $11 charge for the change.

you may know this and I know there have been some discussions about Fedex billing issues but when I search I'm not finding anything current so wanted to give folks a heads up Smile
cheers!

Reply by MW/VA on 11/6/12 2:23pm
Msg #442384

Thanks for the alert. I haven't had that happen. I don't know how many have noticed, but the color changes when it is billed to "recipient" or "third party". :-)

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 11/6/12 2:28pm
Msg #442385

We have discovered an even more ominous problem that we have warned the signing agents in our network about.

If a signing agent is given a FedEx number for a title company to return the loan docs and they enter their own contact information as the shipper it could lead to problems down the road. WE heard more than once how a signing agent went online to their FedEx account to create a shipping label to return using the TC account number and their own return address as the shipper. There was a dispute with the title company and they did not pay their bill, so they charged the shipment to the account of the signing agent.

If you are given an account number and not a shipping label, use the title company's information as both the shipper and the recipient so you will not get an invoice for the shipment if the escrow of title office does nto pay their bill.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/6/12 2:29pm
Msg #442387

Thanks. I've never had a problem with Fedex, but UPS

is a different story.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/6/12 2:36pm
Msg #442390

good tips Marilyn and Howard! thanks n/m

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/6/12 2:48pm
Msg #442393

Not only that, but...

It has been posted here more than once that we should get our airbills from a drop box, rather than by ordering the blank ones from FedEx. The reason is that even the blank ones have a bar code that can be traced back to you!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/6/12 3:15pm
Msg #442400

I print from the website-never had a problem until now :)

I plan to continue using the website but institute changes suggested by Howard and Marilyn. I like the ease of not having to obtain supplies and having it neatly typed.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/6/12 3:19pm
Msg #442402

I use the website & will say again that I don't have

problems with Fedex. I wouldn't have the time to handwrite airbills!

Reply by ShipTropolis on 12/7/12 7:35pm
Msg #445853

Ask the Title or Escrow company to sign-up with ShipTropolis.com so you can print UPS and Fedex labels on demand on their account.

1. ShipTropolis.com is secure for the title/escrow company.
2. It's easy for notaries to quickly create labels on demand.
3. It ensures the notary doesn't get wrongfully stuck with the shipping cost.

Disclaimer: I work for ShipTropolis

Cheers,
Bob

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.