Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Got an email for a "make contact" for lender .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 11/2/12 9:39am
Msg #441814

57 miles 1 way, have to make 3 attempts, photos, talk to neighbors if not home, etc etc for $25 each attempt. Sand Castle Field Services is the company. I emailed back saying, "Thanks for the offer of potentially putting 350 miles on my vehicle, gas, camera, uploading photos, time etc etc etc for a whopping $25 a pop. Next time I'm in the market to lose some money, I'll be sure to contact you" and by the way, don't you do any sort of "mapping" to see just how far away we are from them". In today's technology, you should be doing a door to door map. Please take me off your list.

They wrote back that they will unsubscribe me.

Reply by Yowheelz on 11/2/12 10:24am
Msg #441819

I have beeen doing these for awhile, though never 57 miles away. They give you a 3 day period for each attempt so its easy to work in with closings, errands, etc. I have completed all on 1st attempt. I keep it close to home so there isn't any real travel involved and since I can fit it in with other work it usually only takes about 10 minutes to stop by and knock on a door, hand the person a letter, take a photo or two and leave. I have also done some home inspections for them to verify if property was occupied or not.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/2/12 11:28am
Msg #441829

I never got around to completing application for Sand Castle (they contacted me a year ago); but I do some field work occasionally for CACS. Like Yowheelz, I just fit in as part of my normal "around town" errand routine - no stress. Kind of like "secret shopper" (which I haven't tried).

Reply by Michelle/AL on 11/2/12 12:22pm
Msg #441840

Secret Shopper

Not sure if you have any interest in doing these or not. I did a lot of them between 2007-2008. I believe you can find some of my older posts here under Mystery Shopping. Like the other work you mentioned, I was able to do those assignments when & where it was convenient for me. However, the reports got longer and longer and the pay smaller. I still keep my eye open for the higher paying assignments ($35-60). I don't think I ever got paid more than that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.